Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I am looking for recommendations for Porsche diagnostic software.

I have a couple of generic/wifi OBD-IIs that I use for my other cars, a Peake Reader for the BMWs but not sure if (Like BMWs) there are some Porsche specific fault codes that require special reader/software.

I would also like to have the ability to reset service intervals and other comfort/convenient options.

Some people have suggested Durametric, are there any other similar options?

Thank you

·
Registered
500 Posts
After looking at all the alternatives I eventually bought Durametric. It can read a lot of diagnostic data, reset service intervals, and also activate things like ABS for brake bleeding and troubleshooting. I'd suggest going to their website to check the capability. Many people are put-off by the $300 price tag, but that is for 3 VINs. If you buy/sell on Ebay, the going price is about $100/VIN for the Enthusiast version. I bought one with 2 VINs left for $200 and will sell it eventually for around $100 with one VIN left. I think there is a solution for around $50 that just resets the service intervals, but I don't recall the name of the product - trying searching for Durametric and you'll probably find it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The cheaper product that I think only resets service intervals is called Cresetter (or misspelled as Crestsetter). Do a search and you'll find a couple threads.

·
Registered
278 Posts
A few weeks ago I got iCarsoft POR II scanner. Pretty decent product. Standalone OBD II and specific Porsche functions. Resets service light, ABS and number of other stuff. Take a look at their site for more info if interested. $160 from Amazon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the Durametric enthusiast and am real happy with it. I ended up using it far more than intended. For my Cayenne, it saved the day since I was having a gremlin that turned out to be fixed via a throttle body adaption reset.

·
Registered
121 Posts
A few weeks ago I got iCarsoft POR II scanner. Pretty decent product. Standalone OBD II and specific Porsche functions. Resets service light, ABS and number of other stuff. Take a look at their site for more info if interested. $160 from Amazon.
Does it also provide engine over rev data? From their website it looks like it does but I haven't found a forum post confirming this. Thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Does it also provide engine over rev data? From their website it looks like it does but I haven't found a forum post confirming this. Thanks!
No from what I have seen. I played with it for a while and did not see this option. Will check again tonight to confirm. In general it checks different control modules and sensors and reports their state as normal if everything is OK or gives error code if something is wrong. My car did not have any codes and I have had the tool for a few weeks only, so I cannot elaborate how the interface retrieves and reports them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
No from what I have seen. I played with it for a while and did not see this option. Will check again tonight to confirm. In general it checks different control modules and sensors and reports their state as normal if everything is OK or gives error code if something is wrong. My car did not have any codes and I have had the tool for a few weeks only, so I cannot elaborate how the interface retrieves and reports them.
Were you able to check and see if the over-rev data is accessible? Thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts