Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I seen somone talking about the Porsche Driving Experience on another thread and wondered what it was all about and where you go to 'experience' it? Also does anybody know how much it costs?

Cheers,

Steven.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi all,

I seen somone talking about the Porsche Driving Experience on another thread and wondered what it was all about and where you go to 'experience' it? Also does anybody know how much it costs?

Cheers,

Steven.
There are multpile courses available, I attended 2 years ago and thought it was worth every penny! See attached link.

Porsche

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for that, still a bit too far away i think, i would have to incorporate it into a long weekend visit to London or something.

Going to try and book a track day at my local Knockhill track. You get an instructor for a while to show you the course then your on your own on an empty track. Dont really plan on racing on a track with other cars on it as i dont trust other people, especially if they turn up in a shed of a car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've read the schpiel about the Silverstone event before. The problem is most of the courses are in 911, only the night-driving and the winter-driving is in a Cayman. How do I get them to sell me the Carrera/Carrera4 course with a CS instead?

I mean there must be some standard Cayman course out there... Right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I booked my driving experience, that came free (?) with my new Cayman, I purchased another for my partner. I asked for, and was able to book, a 911 Turbo for her. I got the impression you could use whatever you wanted as long as it is available for the dates you have in mind. I am using a Cayman.

I know the standard experience is not the advanced ones, but if you do not ask etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to the Porsche Driving Experience earlier this year. And agreed, it was definately worth every penny. I paid £275, for a 911 C4/CS experience which went on for half a day. The instructors are with you throughout the course but they are generally not employed by Porsche and come from a racing background.

I have seen quite a few sports car "experiences" but none of them even compare to this. I know that if you want to, you can also book to actually spend some time on the actual Silverstone curcuit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts