Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Porsche experience in Melbourne Australia...

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Pwrpup 
#1 ·
Guys;
I'm a Melbourne based Aussie who's buying his first Porsche... moving from the Benz experience to Porsche.

Are there any other Melbournians who can share their experiences?

I'd like opinions on the dealers, service experiences, gotchas to watch out for and any other advice?

Also anything else out of the ordinary I need to be aware of in the Melbourne scene.

#2 ·
Hi mate. Good on you. Porsche Melbourne is good, they are very helpful and always spend time to explain the details. Their car price will be slightly more expensive than the other prestige car dealers but I guess that is the reputation you are paying for. You can speak to Ian and tell him that Joe from Blingwork Auto refers you, he will look after you. Good luck with the car hunting. Cheers
Joe

#3 ·
Hi Joe, thanks for the lead mate. Unfortunately, I've already ordered my car from Porsche Brighton. They had one in build I could spec change and have before Christmas.

Any tips for a newbie Porsche driver in Melbourne? Should I get anything added to the car aftermarket, paint protection etc?

#5 ·
Hi Joe;
Thanks, I can hardly wait... It's my first Porsche, convertible etc...
I haven't optioned any paint protection or tinting, the sales guys told me Porsche really dislikes when paint protection is applied... I believe the car's already tinted, gradient tint of some sort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.