Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No it isn't a Top Gear episode, although it might as well have been, but rather from the new Liam Neeson movie Taken 3. I should first say that I don't think I ever saw the original Taken or Taken 2 so I can't speak for how Taken 3 fits in the grand scheme of things but we went to see it as an action film escape. Car chases, explosions, fisticuffs, the usual fair. There was a scene that made me chuckle though. At one point Liam Neeson picks up some keys at the bad guy's apartment and I turn to my girlfriend and said "hey those were Porsche keys, I wonder if they were for the Cayenne in the parking garage?" Later when making his escape from said building he discovers the keys are for a black 996 C2 which I pegged as a 1999-2002 car from the looks of it. (Guess what 996 owners you were all supposed to get the built in phone and cool dash modern PCM unit as shown in the movie but somehow only this car got one)

Anyway without giving away the plot we find out that this car is tougher than a locked gate/fence which does NO damage to the front bumper of the car, we also discover that the car is both faster and tougher than a Learjet! Yep, nothing tests the willing suspension of disbelief quite like a 996 being showcased in a 2015 movie as a fast supercar! I have a feeling the crew of Taken 3 probably grabbed this car off craigslist in LA just prior to filming. :)

If you want some mindless action film fun go see Taken 3, especially if you want to see the ultimate 996 C2 in action! (That's right, no turbo needed here folks!)

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Moving this to the appropriate Forum. We really need a Comparison forum for the 911!

Who wants to buy a Learjet now?! :hilarious:

Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really thought it was more automotive off-topic because it was about a Porsche being used in a movie, not so much about the 911 itself so I disagree with you moving this to the 911 forum. There I said it!
:hilarious:

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Anyway without giving away the plot we find out that this car is tougher than a locked gate/fence which does NO damage to the front bumper of the car, we also discover that the car is both faster and tougher than a Learjet!
Reminds me of 007 movies till Craig took over. He never gets his hair messed up, never wrinkles his cloth, never dirty and always his cars are up for the challenge. And this Novemebr, he'll be in a DB10 with Monica Bellucci grrrrr.

I saw Taken 1 but didn't like it. And last weekend my son chose the Hobbit for us to watch at the cinema :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts