Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have notified some law firms about my experience with Porsche Financial Services, and am seeking others who may have had a similar experience who are interested in relaying that experience to a class action lawsuit firm for a possible suit against Porsche Financial Services. If you signed up for their automatic payment withdrawal program and were never notified that your final payment would not be automatically withdrawn and then suffered negative financial and emotional repercussions from this, please contact me. If you were assessed late fees because they failed to automatically withdraw your final payment, or had a late payment reported to credit bureaus, you are included. Please contact me, and I will provide you with the name of a law firm I have contacted to investigate possible financial wrongdoing on the part of Porsche Financial Services.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its pretty standard practice I believe. When I paid off my last Audi, I had the mail the final payment by check. I'm sure there's some reason for it.

Reactions: gfspencer

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Isn't this in the agreement that you signed? It should be clear and up front. I don't see a need for a lawsuit over something like this.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Isn't this in the agreement that you signed? It should be clear and up front. I don't see a need for a lawsuit over something like this.
Yep and it most likely is, nobody takes responsibility anymore. Just sue everyone for my mistake seems to be quite popular these days.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes this is probably buried somewhere in the fine print of the contract but to me this is akin to 20 page EULA when installing an application or using the OS on your cell phone, how many people read every single detail in there before clicking accept. And taking the analogy a little further let's say on your cell phone Apple or Google had buried somewhere in the fine print that by clicking accept you agree that all data such as contacts, texts, email, etc. can be used or accessed by those companies. Upon this being discovered by end users, would you also say ohh too bad you accepted the EULA or is there a larger moral issue of what's right and wrong here.

So back to the OP's situation, yes this was likely in the contract and yes it would've been a good idea for OP to read through the entire thing but something like the last payment not being auto withdrawn when all 36/48/60 etc payments have been before without any presumably late payment or issue by the OP and then this last payment because of some semantic BS isn't auto withdrawn and results in late payment on OP's credit history. That doesn't seem "right" to me and if it has to be that way, it should at least be highlighted up front somewhere in the contract rather than buried in the fine print.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The guy has one post, and wants to sue Porsche over something that was likely in the fine print that he didn't bother to read? And he suffered negative financial and EMOTIONAL repercussions? What a tool. (And not a very sharp one at that.)

·
Registered
825 Posts
The guy has one post, and wants to sue Porsche over something that was likely in the fine print that he didn't bother to read? And he suffered negative financial and EMOTIONAL repercussions? What a tool. (And not a very sharp one at that.)
Or this is 'a fishing expedition' by plaintiff (class action) attorneys to find people to sign onto a suit.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Or this is 'a fishing expedition' by plaintiff (class action) attorneys to find people to sign onto a suit.
That's certainly possible. In the first sentence the OP says "law firms" and in the last sentence it's one firm. That and the post reads like a phishing email.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
So back to the OP's situation, yes this was likely in the contract and yes it would've been a good idea for OP to read through the entire thing but something like the last payment not being auto withdrawn when all 36/48/60 etc payments have been before without any presumably late payment or issue by the OP and then this last payment because of some semantic BS isn't auto withdrawn and results in late payment on OP's credit history. That doesn't seem "right" to me and if it has to be that way, it should at least be highlighted up front somewhere in the contract rather than buried in the fine print.
Problem with this is that, it goes through a collection agency, they will harassed you for months before they report it to any credit card company. Before that, PFS will send you an email and mail stating that you forgot to pay your last payment. If you have a car payment auto deduct from your bank account monthly, probably a significant amount, how can you not know that it's not deducted. This is obviously a phishing thread and OP isn't the sharpest tool, just a tool. The is why we have 20 pages of fine prints because people like OP that doesn't use common sense. If was very interesting when I found out that the US user's manual is 2 to 3 times more pages than other countries.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.