Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else leasing through PFS and finding it to be a bit of a nightmare compared to other captive finance companies?

BMW and Mini Financial services were much easier to deal with. Both offered convenient and FREE methods to pay through the phone or online. I get the feeling that PFS is looking to nickel and dime where they can....

Recently I got charged twice. Mailed a check in on the 15th for my 20th due date. PFS gives another 10 days time (30th) before they charge a late fee. I checked in on the 30th and they still hadn't received it. Paid over the phone and ate the $14 fee, and come to find out the process my check the day after..... pretty much paid twice. Would have never happened if there was online billpay!

I've been leasing cars for about 7 years now and PFS is by far the most backwards and stone-age captive finance company that I've dealt with. Anyone else have any similar stories?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Haven't had an issue since I enrolled in auto-pay, but I agree that their payment options are as archaic as it gets.
If I'd known how backward they are when I financed , I would have gone with a different lender that offered the same rate.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
There's been other threads regarding PFS and their archaic practices, just search, pretty much what you're saying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes, there are some other threads, but not enough. Porsche is pathetic in these regards and not enough waves are being made.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I think PFS sold my loan to Wells Fargo right away. I've had no trouble

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I went with PenFed, unbelievable easy. And best rates at the time.

·
Registered
492 Posts
yes, there are some other threads, but not enough. Porsche is pathetic in these regards and not enough waves are being made.
There are as many threads as people post. If there was more concern there would be more threads. The data is out there and it's up to each to do his/her due diligence.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
There are better options than PFS, if you're having problems call PCNA in Atlanta, get customer service on the line and tell them your issue. Customer service will help you even though it's not a car related problem, my dealings with them have been pleasant.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
With Lexus, I pay over nite from my Chase account via ACH electronic check. Are yall saying Porsche is not set up to accept payment this way? If so, that's hard to believe in this day and age.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are yall saying Porsche is not set up to accept payment this way? If so, that's hard to believe in this day and age.
That's exactly what is being said.

Our payment options are:

• mail a check
  • pay via phone for a fee
  • enroll in auto-pay and have it deducted from our checking account on the due date
I haven't had such limited options for years.
I much prefer doing an ACH transfer on the date of my choosing; usually a couple of days early.

Additionally; I can't access my account information online ... have to call customer service!

This system is s-o-o-o last century!

Oh well; it's working out without issues.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My bank offers a bill pay service where you set everything up online through their web portal, and they mail a check for you.

Maybe your bank offers something similar?

I have nothing really to add here. I lined up my financing with my credit union and because my bank (SDCCU) is set up as one of their creditors, they just processed everything for me without any fuss.

Not sure how that would work with the OP's leasing situation, though...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bank offers a bill pay service where you set everything up online through their web portal, and they mail a check for you.

Maybe your bank offers something similar?

I have nothing really to add here. I lined up my financing with my credit union and because my bank (SDCCU) is set up as one of their creditors, they just processed everything for me without any fuss.

Not sure how that would work with the OP's leasing situation, though...

Truthfully, I'm considering selling the car and not dealing with PFS altogether. Call it drastic but at this point I cant imagine myself living with this headache for the next 3 years

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I've used PFS for years and never had a problem. They debit my checking account every month and send me a statement.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Truthfully, I'm considering selling the car and not dealing with PFS altogether. Call it drastic but at this point I cant imagine myself living with this headache for the next 3 years
Seems a bit drastic... Take the big depreciation hit to sell the car just because you're not happy with PFS?

Seriously, see if your bank has an online bill payer service you can use, I haven't written a check and sent an envelope to pay a bill in years. It's all online and I think it costs like 7 bucks/mo and you can schedule the payments or enter them manually.... Looks like you're in California, lots of credit unions here, it can't be too hard to find one that offers this.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
A lot of people were signed up for auto pay debit in their checking b4 some catastrophes like Hurricane Katrina. After Katrina hammered us and we couldn't live in our home and none of the services were even operational, they continued to deduct from our checking accounts and we couldn't get them to stop. That's why I will never sign up for auto pay where they auto deduct monthly from my checking account. I want control.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A lot of people were signed up for auto pay debit in their checking b4 some catastrophes like Hurricane Katrina. After Katrina hammered us and we couldn't live in our home and none of the services were even operational, they continued to deduct from our checking accounts and we couldn't get them to stop. That's why I will never sign up for auto pay where they auto deduct monthly from my checking account. I want control.
+1
It's also a big hassle to get the money back even though it is not your fault.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Can you go into more details about how they can refuse a stop request on autopay? I would have thought that the law makes the cancelable at the discretion of the customer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
+1
It's also a big hassle to get the money back even though it is not your fault.
Can you go into more details about how they can refuse a stop request on autopay? I would have thought that the law makes the cancelable at the discretion of the customer.
Seems a bit drastic... Take the big depreciation hit to sell the car just because you're not happy with PFS?

Seriously, see if your bank has an online bill payer service you can use, I haven't written a check and sent an envelope to pay a bill in years. It's all online and I think it costs like 7 bucks/mo and you can schedule the payments or enter them manually.... Looks like you're in California, lots of credit unions here, it can't be too hard to find one that offers this.
Drastic? Probably.... also, I was pretty heated at the time of this thread, but being put in a situation where it's an inconvenience to give someone an exorbitant amount of money for an unnecessary luxury item for the next three years does not sit well with me. I'd like the felxibility to be able to pay when I want, and not have to pay a fee for it. Call me crazy, but if I'm not mistaken, everybody else is offering that....what makes Porsche so special? Just food for thought....

Also, I got a pretty insane deal on my car. Should I choose to walk away from it right now, I'd break even :taunt:

·
Registered
603 Posts
PFS were pretty easy to deal with for me, I had auto-pay coming out and they didn't mess up any payments. The rate wasn't great though.

By contrast the credit union I went to forgot to process my first payment and then took double payments, but their rate was much better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts