Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Petit LeMans yesterday and it was great to see the Porsche cars dominating. It was extremely wet, but the P-cars were handing it much better than anything else. What really stood out though, was how great the flat 6 sounded compared to the vettes, prototypes, and everything else (Ferrari Included). So much more refined, like an F1 car. I also could hear the lightning quick shifts of the PDK. It was so awesome!!!

Btw, a 911 GT car won the race! Could be a publicity stunt tho

·
Registered
476 Posts
A few pics from Petit Le Mans 2015

Sloppy sloppy day

IMG_6632.JPG

IMG_6666.JPG

IMG_6669.JPG

IMG_6675.JPG

IMG_6656.JPG

IMG_6670.JPG

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: A few pics from Petit Le Mans 2015

A few more user cars

IMG_6612.JPG

IMG_6615.JPG

IMG_6618.JPG

IMG_6622.JPG

IMG_6629.JPG

IMG_6645.JPG

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
I went to Petit LeMans yesterday and it was great to see the Porsche cars dominating. It was extremely wet, but the P-cars were handing it much better than anything else. ... I also could hear the lightning quick shifts of the PDK. It was so awesome!!!

Btw, a 911 GT car won the race! Could be a publicity stunt tho
That would be this race Porsche wins Petit Le Mans and all GT championship titles | endurance-info.com/en Looked like a rainy mess. Those were 991RSR cars, top of the heap. And not PDK, but sequential transmissions. Manual sequential.

Interesting quotes from that race. Porsche wins Petit Le Mans and all GT championship titles | endurance-info.com/en

"The number 91 Porsche 911 RSR, which thanks to the rear-engine concept benefited from its excellent traction on the flooded track" it pays to put the power down from the rear.

"Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, Head of Porsche Motorsport: “We wrote history today. Porsche wins Petit Le Mans for the first time,"

"Nick Tandy (Porsche 911 RSR #911): “The last stint when it began to rain harder was the toughest of my career. Never before have I had to concentrate so much. "

Good win.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great pics Monkey Boy! I was hoping to have my car so I could represent, but it was probably best I didn't considering the mess everywhere.

Hope we can get some better weather next time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Had a great time despite the soggy weather. So nice to see Pillet and Tandy take the win . I got the chance to talk with Patrick on Friday at the hospitality tent , such a gentleman and very friendly .

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
First time I missed in 7 years. Guess if I had to miss one this was it......but would have loved to have seen Porsche win overall. I did record the race and watched it. It was amazing to watch the 911 pass Prototypes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts