Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an inside car cover and read all the posts on this, and have decided that it is either the Porsche inside car cover or the California Car Cover Dustop. It would be useful to have something that has some thickness to it to offer better protection against minor threats (i.e., carrying laptop case, bumps against car). My garage can be a busy place. Which of the two covers would work better? The only other thing the cover needs to do is prevent dust and not scratch the paint.

- Phil

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I'll rephrase. Does either of the covers provide any kind of scratch protection, such as someone walking by and a rivet on their blue jeans drags along the cover?

- Phil

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I can't speak for the Porsche cover, but I've had two Dustop covers from CalCover and both have worked very well in the environment you describe. No dust and very thick.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I need something that will resist bumps and scrapes, such as someone bumping/scraping a purse or laptop bag against the car. Sounds like Dustop will handle this reasonably well.

- Phil

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Porsche indoor cover is tightly woven and will resist scrapes but does not provide much cushioning for the bumps. Sharp objects might catch on it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts