Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Thx - I hadn't seen it before. I've already done the five drives that are nearest to San Jose. (A couple of them are described in my "Redwoods & Alice's" & "Santa Cruz" threads in this forum.) And those are all 5-Star drives in my book; so I'm a fan of this Porsche collection of driving routes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm pumped since i'm new to california. we're doing a route this weekend for sure!

·
Vendor
6,486 Posts
Checking out the Porsche website today I also noticed a feature for "Discover the Community with the best routes in the world."

Porsche GTS Community

It has map with good roads, it calculates the number of turns and converts it to GTS factor somehow. Pretty cool. And you can add your own!

I could not resist adding one of my favorites "Drunken rabbit", in West Virginia, near Snowshoe resort. It got the GTS factor of 315. Not bad, considering Tail got only 123! And my name for it surely is the best name on that map :) Check it out!

Porsche GTS Community

·
Registered
271 Posts
I added a couple of routes, the White Mountains of NH and Castle in the Clouds in NH. The White Mtn. drive is one of my favorites. I meant to stop the program in Lincoln NH but we stopped for lunch and I didn't think of it until we were on I-93 S.

·
Vendor
6,486 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did the Ortega Hwy run two weeks ago. it was the first real run we've done since we moved here from chicago and really enjoyed it. can't wait to cross more off the list!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a question regarding this app.

It seems to me that it will navigate you to either the start or finish or an existing ride in the database. I can't figure out how to get guidance for the ride once I get to the start. Am I missing something here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts