Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another new 2015 Cayman GTS. My first Cayman was a 2007 S and the second a 2011 S. Loved them both and have now purchased a new 2015 Cayman GTS. It was important to me to have a flat six in my Porsche so I made my purchase decision a little early. Still not quite clear on when the change to the flat 4 turbo will take effect. Decided to buy now. Bought the car from dealer stock so it has alot more options (cost) than if I was ordering from the factory. After living with the car for a month I can honestly say that it is worth every penny. I even like the GTS interior package. Nicest automobile I have ever owned. Have been reading comments from other members about PSE pro and con. Personally I love it. It makes me laugh/ smile everytime I hear it. Hoping for some decent weather at the end of June. Planning a long road trip to help get closer to the 2000 mile break in mileage.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Several observations after a month with the car. The underside of the front trunk lid is clear coated. Previous Caymans were not. Porsche emblem flush with hood. Front brake calipers are a different shape than previous models. Space (headroom) from top of engine cover to headliner is reduced. Rubber tips on underneath of rear wings have little clear "bra" squares to sit on. "Flat" tops of fenders on all four quarters vs. round quarters on Gen1/ Gen2. The only quality issue so far is the minor fogging on the inside of the smoked tail lights. I will keep an eye on this (as others are) and decide whether or not to take it back to the dealer to address. As someone else said don't now if it can be fixed and also risk potential additional damage when they start taking things apart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts