Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of moving myself and my Cayman to Pacific Grove in the near future. I'm interested to hear comments on the service department at Porsche of Monterey and whether anyone has recommendations for independent shops in the area. Please relate any nightmares/kudos about POM.

Thanks!

·
Captain Cautious
124 Posts
I'm thinking of moving myself and my Cayman to Pacific Grove in the near future. I'm interested to hear comments on the service department at Porsche of Monterey and whether anyone has recommendations for independent shops in the area. Please relate any nightmares/kudos about POM.

Thanks!
RCR bought his 2.7 at POM... you might PM him for insights. I visited there several times before purchasing, but in the end found Carlsen's in Redwood City more accommodating.

·
West Coast Group & PCA Member
269 Posts
RCR bought his 2.7 at POM... you might PM him for insights. I visited there several times before purchasing, but in the end found Carlsen's in Redwood City more accommodating.
Like Wolfie stated, I purchased my c 2.7 from Porsche of Monterey almost two years ago today. The negotiations and purchase all went smooth. I've had my car in for servicing and warrantee work a couple of times. They didn't give a pca discount on the oil change. The warrantee work went fine. However, they didn't provide a loaner car, which is somewhat annoying since I drove from the central valley over to the coast to have the work done. All in all good service. They were very accommodating with scheduling and allowing me to leave the car overnight due to running late to pick up the car. Would I purchase from them again? Probably, but I would definitely shop other bay area dealers since my local dealer is not even an option (they have a terrible reputation). I hope this helps.:cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Purchasing another car isn't in my near future, my CS is less than a year old and I plan on keeping it a long time. I'm mainly concerned about scheduled service, or possibly warranty issues, and whether I should look elsewhere than POM. As far as purchasing another Porsche I'd go as far as Walter's in Riverside, I couldn't have been happier with the deal I got from them.

I'm sure if anyone is dissatisfied with POM it will turn up here.

Thanks!

Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts