Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
thankfully none of them, and my Cayman certainly spends part of the day over 3.5k revs as that's when it really starts to sing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Only guilty of number 3 for me. Not "more than my loved ones" but certainly feeds my OCD.
After being on this site for some time now I am sure I am not alone on this one.

·
Registered
728 Posts
A guy told me , " the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine was on the porcupine the pricks are on the outside" carl

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not so much; I'm guessing the "typical" ( good luck defining that! ) 981 owner is a bit different than the typical 911 driver.
I don't know a lot of Porsche owners; the ones I do know, own and drive the Cayenne. The common thread I can find with Porsche owners and drivers: they really like cars, and they generally enjoy driving.

Fun thread.

-S

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not so much; I'm guessing the "typical" ( good luck defining that! ) 981 owner is a bit different than the typical 911 driver.
I don't know a lot of Porsche owners; the ones I do know, own and drive the Cayenne. The common thread I can find with Porsche owners and drivers: they really like cars, and they generally enjoy driving.

Fun thread.

-S
Actually the Corvette owner stereotypes are even funnier.
Ten Corvette Driver Stereotypes

·
Noob
843 Posts
1st, that website is hideous. Who ever designed that needs to burn in hell. You can't bloody scroll unless mouse is in the center. And scrolling is like annoying.
Now, to the points, i'll treat most of them as Porsche owner stereotypes and not 911 specific:

[10] I guess I need to read up on 911 history to understand that. I am a cayman person.
[9] Don't think I have cut off anyone ever in any car, I am a rather conservative lane switcher or turner.
[8] Don't think I know that many people who work in their cars, but even if I did, why would I care
[7] I am a software engineer
[6] I bought my car after saving money for many years and driving a honda civic
[5] Mine does
[4] I wish to drive a race car (rsr, cup) but no interest in being a race car driver
[3] I am single, so only time will tell
[2] Could care less, maybe this involves folks who have been longer on this planet
[1] If I had the money, I would take a 458 italia/speciale any day over any Porsche other than a 918. I would take a 918 over any other street legal car. I would have also taken a Tesla roadster over my cayman had it not been discontinued and had the same tech as the Model S.

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
guilty of #1 and #3...

a ferrari friend of mine called me out on a party once. he said that his new ferrari (f430 fire trap) was faster than any of my porsches..

i said..: your absolutely right ED! there nothing like a Ferrari when it comes to depreciation!

touche!

Lemon

ps. that car of his never ever went pass 80mph..

·
Registered
848 Posts
I own up to 6, after my company got bought out. However 5 is totally false.

I may already be a race car driver, depending on how you define it. I already do autocross and track days, I couldn't cut it as a professional though.

A Ferrari may have been my first choice, a 981 is much more practical.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Is there a stereotype for people who think Porsche drivers are stereotypical? I have this image of some character out of "Deliverance" who is missing a few teeth and driving a pickup truck. :taunt:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Absolutely horrid. That offends me to no end that people would extend such harsh and incorrect stereotypes based solely on automotive ownership. Just offensive. They missed itso bad. I am a COO not a CEO.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Stupid story...mostly reveals the writer's personal stereotypes and inadequacies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts