Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not sure if this has been done here but thought it might be fun. Once in a while i see another Porsche on the road and it puts a smile on my face. Makes me wonder if by chance it might just be a neighbor not to far away.

Here is social map to plot yourself as a proud owner.

International Porsche Owners Network (Admin editted link for consistency)

I started something like this before with a different kind of group and got awesome results. I think it will be cool to see other Porsche enthusiast in your area. So far i'm the only one on the map :)

After plotting yourself on the map just reply with a shoutout here to keep the thread going.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Very cool.

Thanks for setting that up. I'll have to put a pic up later.

-Moto

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Done!!!!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Cool. Done. (But I miss-spelled my user name and don't see how to revise?). If anybody closeby want's to do a mountain run, just let me know!

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Actually we have a pre-existing Frapper map, but they changed something 18months ago that broke it appearing on the website and i never checked back into it, before everyone goes and jumps into this one let me see if I can revive the old one as we had a lot of people on it.

BINGO here it is: http://www.frappr.com/caymanclubmembers

Check the bottom of the Home page, I just reinstalled it.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
If I remember correctly, the original map posted by the OP seemed to be a little better because of its larger size. Is there a way to increase Frappr's map to full screen size?

-Moto

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was checking it out and could not find any information on how to bring over the data. On frappr it seems that when you create new maps it links you over to platial.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
I was checking it out and could not find any information on how to bring over the data. On frappr it seems that when you create new maps it links you over to platial.
Well what I need to know is whether or not the ID's in the variable string are interchangeable, for example if you create a new map with frappr and it directs you over to platial, then does the platial URL use the ID from the frappr created map, or does it have to generate a new ID? If it uses the existing frappr ID the we "should" be able to display the platial style map with the frappr ID of our existing data.

Please do me a favor and email me your platial site again so I can pull down the embed code, strip the ID and replace it with my frappr ID and see what happens. Thx!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts