Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and kids got me FM6 for Christmas along with the Logitech 29 wheel and pedal set!. Having never played any recent video games I must admit the learning curve was a bit steep in the first few weeks - especially since my son was much faster than me and he was using a hand controller!

But I found a car that will perform to my needs - think Ferrari Enzo - and have been absolutely ripping up COTA, Spa, Monza and other tracks and slowly getting my times down on each track. I must admit the game is nothing like driving a real car but the more I learn how to drive fast in the game, the more fun I am having.

Anyway, my son tells me there is a Porsche pack of cars that will be available soon for FM6, but I cannot find any info about it. Anyone have a link they might share on this?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The Porsche pack for FM6 scheduled to come out later this year. There isn't a date yet. Meanwhile if you want Porsches in Forza, you'll have to settle for FM4 (Cayman R and a bunch of 911s) or Forza Horizon 2 (Cayman GTS, Macan and a bunch of 911s, 918 and the Widowmaker). At least with FH2, you can play it on Xbone. The Enzo is nice but the F50 absolutely is a delight to drive in both FM5 and FM6.

·
Banned
550 Posts
My guess is it won't be until after the initial six monthly car packs (included in the Car Pass) have been released. They've released four so far (October 2015 - January 2016). I would also guess the cars would mostly be the same cars from Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Pack.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Porsche pack for FM6 scheduled to come out later this year. There isn't a date yet. Meanwhile if you want Porsches in Forza, you'll have to settle for FM4 (Cayman R and a bunch of 911s) or Forza Horizon 2 (Cayman GTS, Macan and a bunch of 911s, 918 and the Widowmaker). At least with FH2, you can play it on Xbone. The Enzo is nice but the F50 absolutely is a delight to drive in both FM5 and FM6.
Thank you. Rather than get some older games, I'll wait. I am amazed at the graphics in the game and with the feedback the wheel gives it is a lot of fun. I WILL try the F50 :drivingskid:

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is it won't be until after the initial six monthly car packs (included in the Car Pass) have been released. They've released four so far (October 2015 - January 2016). I would also guess the cars would mostly be the same cars from Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Pack.
OK. Since I am so new to this game, what is the car pass? Is it part of the car lineup? Because I am impressed with the variety of cars that are available.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
OK. Since I am so new to this game, what is the car pass? Is it part of the car lineup? Because I am impressed with the variety of cars that are available.
The car pass gives you cars every month. Basically it's a bunch of cars that you're paying for: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/DLC/Forza-Motorsport-6-Car-Pass/f379f32a-1ba0-42b1-bed2-b82ba14abd20?cid=majornelson

As for the F50, you won't find it if you're looking for the car in the A class (was A class in FM5). Just go to purchase a car in general and when it comes to applying a tune, find a tune in the A class and "reduce the car" to an A class car). The F50 is almost a cheater car in how it's so good in terms of balance and power. Mid-engine awesomeness ftw.

What's your XBL ID? I'll add you to my XBL list so you can have a few laptimes to beat :)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am currently using my son's ID on XBox but will get my own when I get more time. Duties at work have me buried until mid-March. BTW, just to gain experience since I am new to computer games, I am "renting" a car to get more track time with the Enzo. I tried the F50 but I think the Enzo is even faster. I am so new to computer games that it will be a while before I can "run with the big boys."

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Cool, which reminds me I was in Best Buy this last weekend and they did not have a single wheel/pedal set for either Xbox or PS4 which I thought was rather odd.

Any concensus on which is the best wheel/pedal set to get for Xbox One and FM6?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I am currently using the thrustmaster TX wheel with the standard pedals. The wheel seems to work pretty good. I like to know how that compares to the Logitech or the fanatec wheels too

·
Banned
550 Posts
Cool, which reminds me I was in Best Buy this last weekend and they did not have a single wheel/pedal set for either Xbox or PS4 which I thought was rather odd.

Since best is subjective, I'll just mention that I have the $90 458 Spider wheel + Wheel Stand Pro from wheelstandpro.us and I am happy with it. The wheel has no FFB and only has 270 degrees of rotation, but all-in everything was less than $250, and it all folds up nicely and fits into a closet when you aren't using it.

Wheel: Amazon.com: Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel - Xbox One: Video Games
Stand: WheelStandPro Stand for Thrustmaster F458 (XBOX 360), F458 Spider (Xbox One),T80, T100, RGT, Ferrari GT and F430 (Black)

With the Xbox 360 I had the FFB MS wheel and a Playseat Evolution and eventually just sold it because it's an eyesore in the living room, gets in the way, and not all that useful if you aren't playing racing games. I prefer my current cheaper setup even with the loss of FFB. Also, Wheel Stand Pro customer service is really great. I accidentally ordered too many parts and they noticed before shipping, called me, and refunded me on the spot and still shipped same day. It also didn't hurt that I live in Houston and they are in Dallas and I got everything the next day using ground shipping. :D

In short, the wheel I have is not the best available, but the best for me.

·
Registered
512 Posts

Xbox 1 options are pretty limited -
  • Fanatec is the "high end" for Xbox1 - prices vary depending on what you get, since their wheels are semi-modular. You can check their website, but if you were looking for wheel/pedal sets at BestBuy, this probably more wheel than you need. You're looking at probably $1000 on the low end of what you have to spend for a wheel +pedal set. This makes more sense if you are also doing simracing on the PC as you can swap out the wheel rim between PC and Xbox1, but it's probably overkill for Forza/Xbox1 games.
  • Logitech G920 - basically the same Logitech wheel/pedal set they've been selling for years, with a minor refresh in styling and xbox1 buttons on the wheel - $399
  • Thrustmaster TX - wheel + pedal set, ~ $450

·
Registered
119 Posts
any updates K-Man? Porsche Pack is out for Forza 6. I'm having fun playing Forza. I'm going to DL project cars to see what that's about.

·
Banned
550 Posts
I picked up the Porsche Pack for Forza 6 this weekend. I haven't had a chance to check out all the cars yet but so far the GT3 RS 4.0 is the most fun. I could lap Laguna Seca or Silverstone in that car all day. No offense to Cayenne or Macan owners (Cayenne and Macan Turbos both in the pack) but I would have rather had at least one Boxster (eg, 987 or 981 Spyder) and/or some base 911. All of the 911 are Turbo/GT2/GT3. VIR is also included as part of the pack. I wish there were some Porsche-specific events (haven't seen any). Edit: There are Porsche-specific events; they are in their own "Porsche" tab rather than being mixed in with the normal Career and Showcase events.

I also thought I could hear little exhaust burbles on throttle lift with the Cayman GTS. The car, stock, handles like a dream, even with my cheap 458 Spider wheel (non-FFB). Pretty cool. 20 cars total.

Forza Motorsport 6 Porsche Expansion

·
Registered
348 Posts
wish Pcars would release Porsche. im assuming they couldn't get the licencing from Porsche. they only have RuF cars. as Forza isnt for the PC...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts