Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few of the pics :)

bonneville:

I took the car onto the 18th fairway during the concour...

I think this is the best pic I took over the 2 weeks...

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
David,

Great pics - the car looks even more amazing in person. Did you get off the I-70 to go back to Moab when you left us? Unbelieveable that we would literally run across you in the middle of Utah twice in a week. See you in Monterey!

Craig

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, Yes the last pic is Monument Valley. They just opened a new hotel over the edge of the cliff. that is the view from the balcony! $159 a night and the best view of any place we stayed!

Captin - that is just weird, we met you at the same spot and left at the same spot. That was just strange! Are you coming to Monterey? What dates?

Yes we missed the tun off and had to go back on stop ( 12 miles! ). But we have not been in that area before and my wife wanted to see Arches. So we took an extra day and went to Arches, Monument, north and south Grand Canyon and Hover. Was well worth the extra day!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
David,

I wish we would have had he time for a side trip like that as that sounds like a great trip. The pix look beautiful.

We'll be in Monterey on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Registered for the corral. Plan on spending Saturday and Sunday at the track as we have a number of friends from our Region in various classes racing. A special treat will be the entries of Ernie Nagamatsu who will have his Ol' Yeller II (late's 50's vintage, Buick Nail Head v-8) which in it's hay day was driven by Dan Gurney, Carroll Shelby, Bob Bondurant, etc. Ernie also will be driving the Kilpatrick Speedster, a 57 Red Speedster. It's a great story and worth stopping by his paddock for a look see.

Hope to see you there!

Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts