Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how I would go about upgrading the PCM software on my 2017 911? I called a Porsche dealership today and they said they only perform upgrades on models that are from 2006 and older.

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
892 Posts
What PCM/SW version do you have? I know there are some disk images floating around for the PCM 4.76 SW version, which is the latest for the PCM 3.1.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Does anyone know how I would go about upgrading the PCM software on my 2017 911? I called a Porsche dealership today and they said they only perform upgrades on models that are from 2006 and older.
You didn’t mention what specifically you want to upgrade for? What exactly are you hoping to accomplish by doing this, even if such an upgrade was possible?

About the only thing that Porsche typically offers upgrades for are the maps, and that can be expensive with a dedicated disk that you have to purchase and then pay the dealership to install and activate it for you. It can easily cost 3 to $500 just to update the maps.

Porsche charges for every little insignificant thing or feature that is standard on even the cheapest econobox car.

It’s not as if you can update a system that is a few years old and magically have access to features being sold on the newer models

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You didn’t mention what specifically you want to upgrade for? What exactly are you hoping to accomplish by doing this, even if such an upgrade was possible?

About the only thing that Porsche typically offers upgrades for are the maps, and that can be expensive with a dedicated disk that you have to purchase and then pay the dealership to install and activate it for you. It can easily cost 3 to $500 just to update the maps.

Porsche charges for every little insignificant thing or feature that is standard on even the cheapest econobox car.

It’s not as if you can update a system that is a few years old and magically have access to features being sold on the newer models
Valid points...I'm the type of person that always has to have the latest version of anything so not trying to accomplish anything specifically especially since my system runs rather well with the occasional crash when listening to music off the USB drive. I contacted Porsche and they said they only do PCM upgrades on vehicles older than mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts