Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question...
How does Porsche usually release new models? I know with Audi, they usually start with a press release stating it will be available in the US. Then another release a few months later announcing the base price, then they release order guides about 2 months before build dates. When cars finally show up at the dealers then the website will have the "Build It" feature. Audi always draws out the release process for the US consumer.

With the release of the Boxster Spyder, Porsche seems to be doing things backwards? They announced the model, then had the build it feature with codes a few days later. What's odd is that they did this and order guides are still not released. Dealers are just now starting to getting preliminary allocation. Is this typical fashion for Porsche?

I wonder if they are doing this to get a good sense of what kind of demand they are getting before they finalize everything?

I'm sure I'm over thinking this... This wait is driving me nuts though:helpme:

I'm just glad I get to be present for the world press debut in 12 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes and 52 seconds:eek:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts