Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah, too new for ratings or reviews. I'm wagering (based on screen shots) that it will be about roads to far from the house for me to drive.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, too new for ratings or reviews. I'm wagering (based on screen shots) that it will be about roads to far from the house for me to drive.
The app will generate routes based on your location. Assuming you’ve downloaded the App select “ Route Generator “ and you’ll see this screen “ see attached pic “.

Then you if click on the mileage # in the center of the screen you can adjust the length of the route.

Then click “ Generate Route “.

It seems like it would be pretty good if you were in a random area and wanted to wander some back roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for sharing that! I definitely will be using it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
They forgot about 70% of the phone users - IOS only!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Don’t go buy an iPhone - it isn’t available here, even with IOS

·
Registered
607 Posts
Kind of a silly, did a quick search and didn't even see Android mentioned. Guess they want to maintain exclusivity. No soup for you!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I could hook up my phone through a VPN to get the app and I probably will just to see it, but I bet there won't be any drives within driving distance of me.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Its an interesting app and I would like to better understand the logic behind the routes it generates. I live right in the middle of a major city where driving is a pain due to gridlock. I assumed it would want to send me on a much better route well outside of the city, but I just told it I wanted to go 50 miles and it created a circular 1.75 hour route on the perimeter of the city using a bunch of slow surface roads and neighborhoods.

Definitely nothing at all exciting to see or drive on this route as most of the streets are highly trafficked, slow crawls due to one signal light after the other. Its more just an organized tour to waste some time in the car if you want rather than driving around aimlessly without a plan. I will need to play with it some more in other locations to see what it generates.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Don’t go buy an iPhone - it isn’t available here, even with IOS
I wasn't planning on buying an I phone. I have no problem paying the Porsche tax, but not an Apple tax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts