Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Boxster S Meteor Gray
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am a new member here and recently bought a 2007 Boxster S with tiptronic. I am really enjoying the car and making different upgrades and changes.
One of the things I would like to change is the steering wheel - shifting. The tiptronic wheel leaves a lot to be desired for shifting and the 2009+ sport wheels with paddles would be a great upgrade. I have searched and read quite a few posts already on this. It appears to me that I can get a wheel quite easily but it comes down to finding a Porsche dealership that is willing to reprogram the wheel. Is this correct?

Anyone in Michigan who has done this? If so which dealer did you use? I am going to call Suncoast tomorrow and see what they say as far as how to proceed.
I did find this video on youtube that shows this can be done.

I will be calling Maxspeed as well.

Any insights or direction would be appreciated.

Shane

·
Registered
2007 Boxster S Meteor Gray
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am continuing to research how to do this and I came across this website. They make is seem pretty easy to make the needed program modifications with the PIWIS unit.

I will be calling Suncoast today to discuss this with them as well.

I was able to pickup a nice, NOS gray PDK sport wheel on eBay for $650.00. The air bag unit looks like it will cost another $1,350 so I will be $2k in without any service time. The steering column unit mentioned in the website above will be another $350.
I would dare guess if this can be done it will cost close to $3k which I am okay with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts