21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
903 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I couldn't see if it's going to be streamed. I hope so.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Where's the best place to live stream WEC? FIA-WEC.com? Silverstone is almost here!

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
It's on and it's a 3-way race. Toyota #7 (Wurz, Nakajima, Sarrazin) pips the #1 Audi by .005! The #14 Porsche of Dumas, Jani and Lieb isn't far behind. This is the type of competition we want to see, not a Mercedes walk-over. Hope the race lives up to Qualifying.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Where's the best place to live stream WEC? FIA-WEC.com? Silverstone is almost here!
FIA WEC has an iOS and Android App. Looks like it's free for the App that provides some live info but you have to pay to get live streaming. I downloaded the App but have not subscribed.

A new and interactive way to follow the FIA WEC | FIA World Endurance Championship

http://www.fiawec.com/live.html

What I want is an archive for streaming after the fact (like a DVR) so I can watch the whole race in multiple settings when I want. The descriptions the App don't mention archives, only live streaming, but I'd pay the subscription fee for archives. I'm not going to get up at 4 AM to watch Silverstone live and I also want to watch the entire 24-hour Le Mans race in multiple sittings, not live.

So does anyone know if archives of the race will be available "soon" after the race for streaming via this FIA WEC App or otherwise?

I think Eurosport TV covers the races with English commentators and they have a player too, but when you try to get their app, you get: "Sorry, Eurosport Player is not available in this country."

BTW, IMSA does archive their races a few days after the events. I use the IMSA archives to fill in the parts not shown on Fox Sports (that are on the DVR). This is what I'd like to see for FIA WEC.

BTW, I use an Apple TV to get the streaming video up on my big screen TV with either Airplay (from an iOS thing) or the YouTube App on the Apple TV.

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
That's what I am aiming for also. I want to be able to treat the computer like a DVR - tell it when and where it starts and record it to my hard drive. So far I've discovered one can record a live stream but still looks like I would have to get up at 2AM to initiate that (guess that is right after F1 ends so I'm still up anyways! lol). Failing that, if WEC has it on within a day I can probably avoid the spoilers on the web for 24 hours too.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Whoa! The two Toyotas are leading?? That wasn't supposed to happen!!

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Both Audi's are OUT during the big rain that filled the 1st hour. Rain has slackened off quite a bit. Porsche is now in 3rd place.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Subscribed to FIA-WEC livestream. Seems to work well and can play on my web enabled TV. Also found that if you have a Mac that QuickTime can record. It's a memory hog but at least it works!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
What happened to the 2nd 919??

Red flag right now... less than half an hour left.. and the remaining 919 is 2 laps down. Not looking good. :(

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Race was red flagged due to heavy rain. Positions remain: both Toyotas 1 and 2, Webber 919 third! Not bad for first ever race... Audis poor finish due to early rain accidents to front suspension. Don't know why second 919 didn't finish...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
708 Posts
The two Audis spin out and crash on slicks. Refusal to change tires was their undoing. Even as they were losing +10 seconds a lap to the Toyota's. Arrogance of a rarely challenged champion?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sadly, Porsche decided to start a tire change while the 919 was still on track racing.....

·
Registered
619 Posts
Subscribed to FIA-WEC livestream. Seems to work well and can play on my web enabled TV. Also found that if you have a Mac that QuickTime can record. It's a memory hog but at least it works!
So does the subscription also get you a web archive for streaming the whole race after the race or just live?

Thanks.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts