Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I'm not so sure it was/is a function of being "blinded", it was more of simply not getting it or seeing the need for the Cayman. However, as stated in the article, that's changed. :cheers:
Isn't the primary need for the Cayman to have a car that doesn't have back seats? :hilarious:

Oh wait, there is the GT3.... :cheers:

·
Caymaniac
5,663 Posts
Beauty sure is in the eye of the beholder. My favorite angle is the one he doesn't like. I got to follow my friend driving my car the other day. Everyone should do this every once in a while. ESPECIALLY to hear after market exhaust if you have it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
On the aesthetics point, my brain is wired the opposite. While I wanted a Porsche, the rear end of the 911 had become increasingly "hummpffff" in my mind, while I find the Cayman hatchback and haunches = pure sexy.

That part aside, there is just something exhilarating about a 2 seater mid-engine car. I'm not surprised he changed his mind after actually driving one. The Cayman's driver seat is a non-stop rush of adrenaline; part of that is the way the car communicates through the seat and steering wheel, but part of that is having the engine right there behind your head. Add in a very tight yet lively chassis and the whole thing just works. But hey, I'm preaching to the choir.

·
Registered
557 Posts
On the aesthetics point, my brain is wired the opposite. While I wanted a Porsche, the rear end of the 911 had become increasingly "hummpffff" in my mind, while I find the Cayman hatchback and haunches = pure sexy.
Boy your sure hit the nail on the head. Last summer I was trading in my 06 for a new 09 CS and took a hard look at an 09 C4S. I test drove the C4S and was impressed but, the Cayman S just looks better. The 911 diehards must think the 918 Spyder is pretty ugly..;)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
+1 on xdamage entirely. Cayman's booty = bodaciousness.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The way the hatch dips between the fenders is almost military in its purposefulness. No waste in the name of style makes for beauty in the name of function.

My design degree makes it okay for me to say things like that with a straight face.

The other day my wife gave the CS a great compliment in my opinion. She looked at it and said: "It looks like it should have numbers on the side like a race car". Get your own wife, this one's mine.

·
Registered
826 Posts
beauty sure is in the eye of the beholder. My favorite angle is the one he doesn't like.
+1

i thought it was having the engine in the right place.
+1

on the aesthetics point, my brain is wired the opposite. While i wanted a porsche, the rear end of the 911 had become increasingly "hummpffff" in my mind, while i find the cayman hatchback and haunches = pure sexy.

That part aside, there is just something exhilarating about a 2 seater mid-engine car. I'm not surprised he changed his mind after actually driving one. The cayman's driver seat is a non-stop rush of adrenaline; part of that is the way the car communicates through the seat and steering wheel, but part of that is having the engine right there behind your head. Add in a very tight yet lively chassis and the whole thing just works. But hey, i'm preaching to the choir.
+1

boy your sure hit the nail on the head. Last summer i was trading in my 06 for a new 09 cs and took a hard look at an 09 c4s. I test drove the c4s and was impressed but, the cayman s just looks better. The 911 diehards must think the 918 spyder is pretty ugly..;)
+1

the way the hatch dips between the fenders is almost military in its purposefulness. No waste in the name of style makes for beauty in the name of function.
+1

·
Registered
882 Posts

That part aside, there is just something exhilarating about a 2 seater mid-engine car. I'm not surprised he changed his mind after actually driving one. The Cayman's driver seat is a non-stop rush of adrenaline; part of that is the way the car communicates through the seat and steering wheel, but part of that is having the engine right there behind your head. Add in a very tight yet lively chassis and the whole thing just works. But hey, I'm preaching to the choir.
The choir is responding in 4 part harmony. In fact I feel a ride just for fun coming on. Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.