Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm eyeing down a 2012 Panamera 4 with 21,000 Miles on it at a reputable used luxury car dealer.

How do you think this car ranks in terms of reliability? Are there any common problems which can be costly to fix? What is the maintenance schedule like (Oil change interval.. brakes/tires). I currently own a 2006 BMW 750 which is nearing 100,000 miles, I bought this car used (from the same dealer that I may buy the Panamera from) in 2009 when it had 33K Miles and was continually warned about expensive maintenance but outside of the $220 oil changes which I only got once a year, new brakes/tires and a $1300 eletronic module that failed last year it hasn't really been TOO costly; but typical of a $100k car I suppose.

One Issue I am concerned about is mileage, I drive about 120 miles per day so I will be putting ~35k miles on this car for a year. Does anyone else drive their panamera this much? Will this be an issue?

Thank you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can't help you on reliability or common issues aspect but if it is a concern, have you considered looking for a CPO one at a Porsche dealer, that way you'd get a comprehensive 6yr/100k warranty (from the in-service date) and wouldn't have to worry about anything except standard maintenance. I usually see quite a few on the used inventory of Porsche dealers around here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a 2010 Panamera 4S that I bought as a CPO vehicle in the spring of 2013. It felt like it was constantly at the dealer getting something fixed. The radio/PCM was replaced, a fan motor in the HVAC system was replaced, the spoiler was replaced as it failed in cold weather, the radio failed to work when it got too cold one time, I had to get the key fob re-programmed multiple times and finally replaced along with the computer in the car that controlled said key fob. I went in multiple times for the front suspension making crunching noises over bumps (this is a common issue). That's all I can remember at the moment. The car was an amazing driver, but I got sick of dealing with all of the annoying issues even though they were covered under warranty. I sold it after 18 mos of ownership even though it had 2+ years of warranty left.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 Panamera 4 that I bought as a CPO in 2013 with only 17K miles. Good car excellent ride but I have had it in the shop for 3 items which were covered under warranty. Even still I love the car and will keep it. I would recommend adding a tire warranty if you are in a location with so so roads. I did and have already used it and at $500.00 a tire for Continentals.....Regarding typical maintenance the normal maintenance runs me about $250 which is the same as my Lexsus on an apples to apples comparison (Lexsus maintenance every 5k vs Panamera every 10k miles). The major things such as breaks etc could run me around $2.5k total (front and back including rotors). Hope this was useful info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Highly recommend Porsche CPO for warranty reason. Porsche SA told me that 2014 is much better can than 2012. I have 2014 PAN4 and I am very happy with it for 2 years now NO ISSUES... I have BMW 2012 BMW 750, it is money pit. I stay away from BMW ... You will be happy with Porsche Pan. It is a great car ...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
My dentist friend has a PAN.S and it got 120K miles on it. It burns a can of oil every 2K, other than that it's as solid as a rock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts