Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few drinks and laughs with some coworkers, I came out to find that someone lit a piece of paper on fire and decide to put it on my car. Luckily no harm was done... this time. Time to get a dash cam..

After doing some research on the forum, it seems the outlets in our car are always on if something is plugged in. Do I even need something like the Power Magic Pro? Is it possible to just plug the dash cam directly into the outlet and have it power the cam in parking mode with the car off?

For those that are not familiar with the power magic pro
BlackVue - Full HD 1080p Dash Cameras with GPS

My other question is if I do not use the power magic pro, is there a possibility that it will drain the battery completely dead?

·
Registered
408 Posts
And another question: Once you get a dimly lit video of a random stranger in a plaid hoodie throwing a lit piece of paper on your car... what do you do with it, and how do you figure out who it is?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I use a voltage monitoring device with a dashcam hard wired into the fuse box. It keeps the camera running while parked, until the battery falls to a predetermined value, then cuts off all power to the dashcam.

If you dont want to deal with hard wiring, you can still plug into a 12volt outlet that stays hot all the time(i forget which one does in the 981, check the owners manual). Just remember to turn off the dash cam if it will be sitting for longer than a day or two.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of scenarios where I cannot do anything about it. But it will be good for insurance claims:)?

And another question: Once you get a dimly lit video of a random stranger in a plaid hoodie throwing a lit piece of paper on your car... what do you do with it, and how do you figure out who it is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts