Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fitted a mds power steering lower pulling kit.
May I ask some questions to some of you who have already installed it :

Do you hear any noise from the streeing when you are in low speeds and turning full lock the steering wheel?
Do you feel like you need more force to turn the steering wheel when you are in standstill?

I feel the above, that is why I am asking!

·
Premium Member
981CaymanS
611 Posts
Re: Power steering lower pulling kit

I just fitted a mds power steering lower pulling kit.
May I ask some questions to some of you who have already installed it :

Do you hear any noise from the streeing when you are in low speeds and turning full lock the steering wheel?
Do you feel like you need more force to turn the steering wheel when you are in standstill?

I feel the above, that is why I am asking!
Mpower, I cannot remember hearing a noise or the steering getting stiffer, but I installed a slightly smaller belt which P/N number was provided by another CC member, (perhaps search..)?

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts

AKA the UDP

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts

Steering felt the same & no noises for me

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I baught the kit from Welcome to Motordrive seats, and they provided me with a different belt as well which is 2100mm

Motordrive Seats Suspension/Engine(including Differential)

Shall I fit Joseph a different belt and if so where shall I buy it? Due to your experience, your opinion is crusial.

I think the noise from the power steering is mostly because I had to make extencions to the steering rack hoses, as they were passing very closely to the manifold and they were overheating. Although I made them the same diameter, it is very probable that the small piece of hose which acts as a connector between the original hoses, causes the noise. It is not so loud, but as a driver you can feel - hear the noise as you are concetrated in everything that the car does.

·
The 2006-08 Cayman LED spar guy!
6,013 Posts
Hello mpowersurf,

The 2100mm belt should be fine...after all I've read where many UDP users are doing so with the stock 2015mm belt. The UDP circumference is 76mm less than stock and the belt wraps around 50% of the pulley therefore a 38mm shorter belt would maintain the same belt tension similar to the factory set-up.

The Gates K060820 (2082mm) is 33mm shorter than stock and is ideal.

Regards,

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts