Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , my starter motor is sticking so I need to remove it . I see via many mediums that disconnecting the battery that it is a pain to reset all of the alarms etc.
So I have checked the electrical diagrams and found a Fuse F6 80A and a Plug named "B+ Plug Socket" both of which would Isolate the Starter for removal . I would prefer disconnecting the Plug but I cant find it . Its nowhere near the battery or starter.
Any Ideas on location of the plug and or if pulling the fuse would let me safely work on the starter please ?
Cayman
3.4s

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Disconnecting the battery does NOT create all kinds of resetting problems. I've swapped mine out a few times already without any issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disconnecting the battery does NOT create all kinds of resetting problems. I've swapped mine out a few times already without any issues.
;;;
thank you, very Interesting , POC say, there are alarms allover, codes for radio/pcm, windows need resetting, steering etc etc. I did find it hard to believe that removing the battery caused all these errors … im siding with you .

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I agree. I've disconnected my battery dozens of times - for hours and days in some cases. It's no big deal resetting a couple things like the clock, radio stations, and sometimes the window motors need calibration. PSM throws an error which clears itself after a short distance.
Disconnecting the battery is the safest and easiest way to work on any auto electrical/electronic components.

I think some of the horror stories were due to some other negligence in disconnecting or re-connecting the battery (shorts circuits)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Great thank you , I will start tonight :) Much appreciated for your quick responses . all the best . ken😃

1 - 5 of 5 Posts