Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having intermittent problems raising and lowering my drivers window. One touch seems to work fine, but when I want to lower the window manually, it doesn't move when I press the button, but I need to remove my finger and do it again a few times; then it works.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it the switch cluster / contacts or might this be the window Regulator?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It sounds like the switch it not working (it is not your window regulator). If you have a can of compressed air you might try seeing if you can blow out dust/anything else that may have fallen down there. I don't know if contact cleaner would damage the plastic so I would just try air first. Failing that if you are out of warrantee you'll need to take the door apart and remove the switch and try to replace or clean it.

Edit: these switches will have two contact points (one for manual and one for one touch) so it is totally possible for one touch to work fine but manual to be flaky.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can buy plastic safe contact cleaner (and lubricant) at the local auto parts store (I think CRC makes one?). If you're out of warranty, it's worth a shot (you don't need to soak the whole thing). But I like the compressed air idea and would try that first, it could just be a crumb or lint interfering with the contact.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: I purchased a new switch block on Ebay from a 2014 Boxster S and installed it and it is now tight and working perfectly. Cost me $100. Old one must have had water intrusion causing intermittent results.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is easy to replace. It only took a few minutes. You don't have to take the door apart. Just slip a thin tool, putty knife, etc. in to push in the spring clips to be able to pull out the unit. The electrical connector is on the back.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.