Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery on a new 911.2 S a few days ago. This is my third 911 and I must say, it is by far the best one yet. Porsche did an amazing job in the design. As most of you know, one of the changes is in the Head unit. I ordered the car with the multi function steering wheel. One of the features is the ability to change radio stations directly from the steering wheel. On the Macan that I traded in, I was able to choose from the preset stations from the steering wheel by simply using the small rotary "ball" on the right side of the steering wheel to view my preset stations. By pressing down on the ball, it would select a preset station from the list. On my new car, I can view all of the stations available and still click on the one I want but I cannot get the preset stations on that list. My salesperson told me Porsche changed the design and you can only view all of the stations, not the presets. Has anyone noticed this being the case? If not, what is the procedure of being able to access the presets from the multi function steering wheel? Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
(This post is in case no one else answers).
First, congrats on your sweet new 911!!!

On my 2014 Cayman, there is an MFD setting called Audio with which you can select to view either all stations or just presets.
I'm pretty sure, but not positive, that there's the same setting on my 2017 Macan (which has, I think, the same PCM version as your 911).

Since I don't have a 911, I shouldn't really post, buy perhaps this will help anyways.

Again...enjoy your new 911!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just an FYI - I just checked both my cars and the 2014 does have the setting to show only presets, in Settings->Display->Audio, but, sadly, the 2017 Macan's PCM does not have that setting. Both cars have the multi-function steering wheel.

Sorry for the misinformation in my earlier post.

jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts