Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool pics of 919 engine

Porsche Shows Off The Little Engine That Won Le Mans

"Porsche claims that they’ve since used the tech to refine the upcoming 718 Boxster, despite the fact that the 718 will have a flat-four instead of a V4. The racing team works closely with engineers from Porsche’s production car side on the combustion and fuel systems for these engines at Porsche’s Research and Development Center in Weissach."

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Has someone been drinking something other than the Porsche marketing koolaid...? :D Naughty naughty.... ;)
On the advice of my attorney, Abraham Lincoln, I must decline to respond, except to reiterate that it's perfectly reasonable to use the 919 hybrid V-4 engine to market the new 718.

·
Registered
56 Posts
" I have an official Sean Connery 007 poster signed by Roger Moore" The good news is perhaps, just perhaps in 20 years our lovely flat 6's will become collectors ala the 993? The exhaust note does have that type of a impact. The 718 from the official video that I saw sounded like a muted lawn mower...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
" I have an official Sean Connery 007 poster signed by Roger Moore" The good news is perhaps, just perhaps in 20 years our lovely flat 6's will become collectors ala the 993? The exhaust note does have that type of a impact. The 718 from the official video that I saw sounded like a muted lawn mower...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm not holding my breath for people coming around to appreciate NA flat 6's. Instead, it's Sunday and I'm gonna go drive mine and let my breath be taken away by the fun. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts