Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't drive the 09 CS today. Came home and found the puddle trail underneath the front left wheel. I'm guessing this possibly a leak in the left radiator?

09CS_Drip.jpg 09CS_Drip2.jpg 09CS_Drip3.jpg

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The radiator sits close to the front bumper though, and the piping runs down closer to the middle of the car after it comes out of the front bumper. So the fluid shouldn't leak to the area behind the wheel.

Check out the power steering unit and brake distributor as well? That area has only got those two and windshield fluid i think

Good luck

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Agree with Zing, that's not a typical location for antifreeze.

What color is the fluid? Initially from the pics I thought it was green, but it almost looks blue. That would likely be windshield washer fluid.

Here are some things you can do:

Check your coolant level. If it's not low, good chance this leak isn't antifreeze.

Jack up the car and take off the wheel. Is there fluid anywhere else, like near a brake line? That's another fluid that could be blue.

Add some water to your windshield tank and see if it pees it out. Based on the location of the leak and if it's blue fluid, I would bet windshield washer tank. You're in Texas and it's been cold lately. Maybe your fluid froze and cracked the tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check your coolant level. If it's low it may be the hose connectors leaking.

I have just found a leak from mine and the penn connectors have o rings that wear and the metal outers corrode badly.

Poor quality plating on the metal or of insufficient material design. This is common according to my dealer and they can be difficult to get apart requiring the whole lot to come out.

Take out the forward wheel well liner and you can see the joints and apparently they weep more after cooling down.

chitt

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a connector for the headlight washers inside the front part of the fender liner, right about where your drip shows. The connector is disconnected when removing the front bumper. Might want to check that as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts