Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get an idea what I should offer on an '06 CPO Cayman S, with <20k miles with the following options:

PCM
Xenons
Heated Seats
Sports Chrono
6 Speed
Power Seats
Bose
Aluminum look front spoiler (factory option)

Car is Arctic Silver/Black Standard leather. Lease return. Local car, and selling dealer performed all service and has all records.

Thanks for input.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
18" or 19" wheels?

At my local Porsche dealer: 3 yr xtnded warranty 36K Miles = $3,680 while 4 yr xtnded warranty 48K Miles = $3845

CPO is included in dealer's price.

Not sure how much below 20K miles is your specimen so searching AutoTrader for similar 2006 Cayman S (Guards Red):
17.2K miles for $37,500

So Deschodt is pretty close on his dealer estimate. I would offer $35K and go from there. Good luck.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mileage is 19,197. Salesman said it was turned in on lease earlier this week. Salesman actually sold vehicle to lessee. She's looking at either a Panamera or an '11 Cayenne (she can't decide).

The build sheet doesn't reflect 19" so they're probably those which came standard - 18" right?

Salesman confirmed the front bumper is absolutely clean, with no dings, scratches, blemishes, nicks, etc.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
I guess it comes down to how much do you want this car. If you start at $35K and get out with $39K - that is not too bad. Consider it you helping them out with the Cost of Money if the car sits longer in inventory.;)

Hope it works out.:cheers:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
couple of thoughts:

1) no mention in carfax report of any service visits other than annual filter and lube. Does this mean the car has no squeaks or rattles, no 'trunk clunk' etc?

2) Salesman says Porsche Financial finances CPO's at more aggressive rates than most lenders do. But,

3) 1.9 APR on new '10 models is tempting.

Sctrent - as an owner of an '06 S, what do you think?

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
couple of thoughts:

1) no mention in carfax report of any service visits other than annual filter and lube. Does this mean the car has no squeaks or rattles, no 'trunk clunk' etc?

2) Salesman says Porsche Financial finances CPO's at more aggressive rates than most lenders do. But,

I am very satisfied with my used 2006 Cayman S that I bought in April with 30,470 miles. No trunk clunk. Sports Chrono worked very well on the 770 mile drive back to our town from where we purchased. Owner had all papers including oil changes, 20K service, and tires. But then again I got mine for $30.5K with no CPO or extended warranty.

I would have looked for a lower mileage car but since I made the fatal mistake of test driving a Cayman S locally - the addiction was already on. I could not wait for something with lower mileage and similar options. Plus I wanted to set aside some money for mods and maintenance.

Normally I don't buy Gen I but the Porsche Quality was comforting. No complaints. If you can afford it go for it - but in general I always try to negotiate. In your case you are close to a 20K Maintenance Service so that would be part of my negotiation unless they have already done that as part of CPO.

I have never regretted my purchase and am kicking myself for having waited so long. Other priorities came first but there was always this Porsche need nagging me. Now I am very relaxed.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
couple of thoughts:

I guess one more thing - I own my car outright. I suppose I could trade in for 2010 with 1.9 APR but I am not big on debt right now.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I would say 35-37 is fair.

I know it is not the same, but last June I purchased my boxster S 2007 CPO with all the options you list minus the sports chrono and PASM for 39500. So this car is now 2 years older than my car was at the time of purchase... 35-37 is fair and you could probably do a little better maybe.

Also make sure you see the car!!! I asked about damage to the bumpers, door dings, etc and was told "people tread their porsche like thier baby" but mine came to me from 900 miles away with shaken baby synd... had to get the front bumper and rear bumperettes re-sprayed to make it up to my standards... I was not expecting perfect, but I want them to tell me when there is noticable damage... Anyway, the dealer ended up giving me some extras (car cover, bat maintainer, etc...) to make me happy for having to pay for the respray.

I guess I just want to say be aware, a car salesman is a car salesman and they have thier rep for a reason... Porsche or not... so do your homework on the car prior to purchase.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought my 2006S two months ago after looking and looking. 27K with Trip, same options and color as the one you are looking at except no power seats. $29900.00.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts