Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a private licence plate E2 LFE (easy life) I'm thinking should I put it on my Porsche or is it too "loud"

Currently its got its year of production plate.

What do you guys think ??

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you feel uncomfortable about it, then don't do it. However, who cares what others say or do when it comes to your car, as long as it's not offensive. You work hard for it, might as well enjoy life a little. Once I went out with a girl whose car's license plate holder said "all men are dogs, some make good pets", there was no second date. No lady should say such a thing!
I have a private licence plate E2 LFE (easy life) I'm thinking should I put it on my Porsche or is it to "loud"

Currently its got its year of production plate.

What do you guys think ??

Reactions: 2die4

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I wouldn't get that one. It sounds like you are bragging that you have an easy life. You are just going to piss everyone off.

Two months ago, I was behind a 911 Turbo S driven by a woman about my age. License plate said WRK 4IT.

That was cool and I respected it. She also burned one as she left me at the stop sign. lol

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I wouldn't want a "private" plate because I drive briskly on the interstate, and I don't want to flaunt an easily remembered tag. The Cayman isn't exactly a wallflower , but most people will see "blue sports car" , I don't want it any more personal than that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Theres a fine line between witty or cute and obnoxious. The other day I saw a Hummer, the first edition behemouth, with a vanity plate that said HUMM THIS. I wished I had a hand grenade I could have thrown in his window.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't fit that on a Porsche as there are so many jealous idiots around that will think you are bragging and will scratch it for you. I like private plates fitted to Porsches however.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
TBH I don't see the term "easy life" from that plate. If you like it then put it on, otherwise someone like Elite Registrations will buy it off you.
1) Its a post typo and is supposed to be "EZ" instead of "E2",

OR

2) "EZ" was taken and the font on the actual plate will make the "2" look like a "Z"

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Once I went out with a girl whose car's license plate holder said "all men are dogs, some make good pets", there was no second date. No lady should say such a thing!
Is she still available? Date #2 might have been interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I figure my car stands out enough without adding a vanity plate but something that relates to the car might be okay. Something like "TYPE 987". Something like "STUFF THIS" is probably inappropriate. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
TBH I don't see the term "easy life" from that plate. If you like it then put it on, otherwise someone like Elite Registrations will buy it off you.
Its a UK plate so people use numbers for letters due to restrictions on how the plates can be

2 is a Z, 7 can b a T etc I see your in Wales lol then you must know the restrictions

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you like it then put it on. You worked hard for what you have so don't worry about what others say. If women can flash their Louis Vuitton purse, men flash their Rolex, the techies flash their Google Glass (some flash themself :hilarious:) so go ahead and flash your Porsche.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Private plates are awesome, as long as you pass your own 'cheese' test. Of course, the cheese test is subjective and to each his own. If you are subdued and go with something subdued, e.g. "My 987", that is cool. If you go with something bolder, e.g. "ShowUrBoobs", then more power to you. It is your car, do whatever the heck you want and don't ever apologize for it.

P.S. I now have to figure out how to get an 11 letter customized plate!!! lol

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
P.S. I now have to figure out how to get an 11 letter customized plate!!! lol
( . Y . )

I've never cared for the "MY blahblah" or "IT'S RED" kind of plates. They don't seem very creative. Someone at work has "NOT YOURS" - true, I don't want an Eclipse Spyder. I like the word scramble kind that make you think. I'm not sure if it's available or if I'd do a personal plate, but if I did it would be GRNMNSGO.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I went with "BOBS MG"

Reactions: 2die4

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Mine say WEASEL. Sort of. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah I was into it while I was waiting, but not upon delivery now. Eh. I don't really care. I want meaningless random plates. I don't want to attract more attention.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I like that about mine. They're mostly meaningless to most people that see them, but instantly recognizable to the people that know me. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts