Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about Purchasing a 2014 CS that has a front license plate. My state doesn't require front plates. Anyone know if there are good kits out there to hide the screw holes or can this easily be covered up by a body shop or would I have to replace the entire bumper?

Can a car have Nav w/o PCM or PCM without Nav? Some advertisements state they have nav and others don't; I would love to not sound overly dumb by asking a question they already answered by their options list.

I presume all manual 2014 CS have hillclimb and cruise control, right? (not acc)

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thinking about Purchasing a 2014 CS that has a front license plate. My state doesn't require front plates. Anyone know if there are good kits out there to hide the screw holes or can this easily be covered up by a body shop or would I have to replace the entire bumper?

Can a car have Nav w/o PCM or PCM without Nav? Some advertisements state they have nav and others don't; I would love to not sound overly dumb by asking a question they already answered by their options list.

I presume all manual 2014 CS have hillclimb and cruise control, right? (not acc)

Thanks,
Jeremy
I am sure the holes could be filled and painted but not sure it would be worth the cost.

I know that if sold in the USA all manuals have hillhold and cruise as standard

Not sure about PCM and Nav as I dont have nav

·
Registered
728 Posts
In the 2014 model year, the Navigation was called Infotainment. Infotainment came with the Bose sound system and PCM.

By Hill climb, do you mean Hill hold? If so, then yes the stock manual came with hill hold function as well as cruise control.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
PCM was an option that included NAV. You can't get one without the other.

Reactions: mauijer

·
Registered
645 Posts
PCM was an option that included NAV. You can't get one without the other.
This is not correct. My car has PCM and no Nav. I ordered it that way. I got only the PCM/CDR+ system with Bose speakers, but no Infotainment.

Infotainment included Nav and some other things like a hard drive, apps that can stream bluetooth from your phone, etc...

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
This is not correct. My car has PCM and no Nav. I ordered it that way. I got only the PCM/CDR+ system with Bose speakers, but no Infotainment.
Infotainment included Nav and some other things like a hard drive, apps that can stream bluetooth from your phone, etc...
Must be different in Canadian cars vs US. I know that on the Canadian configurator, you could not choose PCM without the Infotainment. We did not have the CDR+ option.

As the OP is almost certainly looking for a US car, I was mistaken.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Must be different in Canadian cars vs US. I know that on the Canadian configurator, you could not choose PCM without the Infotainment. We did not have the CDR+ option.

As the OP is almost certainly looking for a US car, I was mistaken.
Yeah, I would chalk it up to differences in US/Canada markets. I remember it quite clearly because I wasn't interested in Nav (my phone with google maps does a fine job) but I wanted to have the ability to have a USB port and play MP3 files along with the upgraded speakers. I have the whole touch screen and all the stereo features, but if I push the NAV button, nothing happens.

In the US, I think Infotainment was a $1,300 option. That pretty much covered the cost of adding PTV so it was a no brainer... :)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Yeah, I would chalk it up to differences in US/Canada markets. I remember it quite clearly because I wasn't interested in Nav (my phone with google maps does a fine job) but I wanted to have the ability to have a USB port and play MP3 files along with the upgraded speakers. I have the whole touch screen and all the stereo features, but if I push the NAV button, nothing happens.

In the US, I think Infotainment was a $1,300 option. That pretty much covered the cost of adding PTV so it was a no brainer... :)
Single most ridiculous situation with options. If I wanted to get a USB port, I would have had to order a $4k+ option package

·
Registered
229 Posts
Single most ridiculous situation with options. If I wanted to get a USB port, I would have had to order a $4k+ option package
yes when i got my 2016 cgts i had ordered Bose speakers, alas there was no usb port in the entire car. It only had an audio jack in the glove compartment, so i could plug my iphone into that audio jack in order to get music but could not charge the iphone at the same time. classic porsche stupidity when it came to music. They have fixed that for 2017 models, they must have had a ton of complaints

·
Registered
645 Posts
yes when i got my 2016 cgts i had ordered Bose speakers, alas there was no usb port in the entire car. It only had an audio jack in the glove compartment, so i could plug my iphone into that audio jack in order to get music but could not charge the iphone at the same time. classic porsche stupidity when it came to music. They have fixed that for 2017 models, they must have had a ton of complaints
There was a ton of discussion around this on the forums here. You could have ordered the CDR+ with Bose speakers option and you would have your USB port and saved about $1,300 over the Infotainment package.

Reactions: TimD

·
Registered
645 Posts
This jogged my memory, yeah... The Bose Infotainment package was about $4k and included everything. Bose (speakers) plus CDR+ was about $2,700, which is $1,300 less than the Infotainment (which included the Nav option). So yeah, I didn't want to pay $1,300 for Nav and some apps I'd never use.

If I recall, PTV was $1,100...

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
My "Bumper Plugs" came from Home Depot in their small parts bins and cost $0.05 each. The touch-up paint cost me $25 or so from Porsche. Combo has worked great. Another option.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
My "Bumper Plugs" came from Home Depot in their small parts bins and cost $0.05 each. The touch-up paint cost me $25 or so from Porsche. Combo has worked great. Another option.
My Boxster S don't have any holes in the front but my old SLK had holes drilled in for temp plates for European Delivery. I did the same, went to home depot and got some touch-up paint to match.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.