Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is a stupid question but I can't figure it out. When I bought my 06 Cayman S used, I received 2 keys and one is in significantly better shape than the other. The nicer looking key only worked for the first few days so I switched to the other one. My issue is, even if I swap the battery and chip from the worn key to the nicer key, it still won't work. It won't function or even light up anymore. Any ideas as to why? I don't want to be defeated by a key...

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Apologies if this is a stupid question but I can't figure it out. When I bought my 06 Cayman S used, I received 2 keys and one is in significantly better shape than the other. The nicer looking key only worked for the first few days so I switched to the other one. My issue is, even if I swap the battery and chip from the worn key to the nicer key, it still won't work. It won't function or even light up anymore. Any ideas as to why? I don't want to be defeated by a key...
If all you did was switch plastic shells for the keys then it should work, the question is did both keys work BEFORE you attempted the swap?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both keys worked when I got the car but the key with the nicer shell stopped working within a few days. That is when I tried swapping. The only thing I could think of is that there's some sort of issue with the pieces that latch to the battery which are part of the crest side of the shell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts