Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay....so it took me three years to move these from the box they arrived in to installation. I had been daunted by doing the task myself and finally asked my local dealer if they would do it. The guys at Porsche North Scottsdale stepped up and gave me a great price on the labor (I won't say what it cost as the deal was too good to be true) and finally got these on. I had promised Prodgers photos when it was finally done....well here they are. Not sure if the photo shows it but the mesh on the vents is silver so as to keep to the black/silver coloration of my R. Service Manager's comment on seeing the car was something about how it looks a lot like a GT4 now :) (not quite, but I'll take the compliment anyway).

I know I've been away for a long, long time. The Exocet now has just over 21,000 miles on it and is cheaper (much cheaper!) to maintain than the Cayenne (base 2012) my wife drives. It is still a grin generator for me every time I get behind the wheel. When I'm at the dealership everyone constantly urges me to "never, ever sell this car....". I won't.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks great! Where can you order these from? I cant find any website for "progers"

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad! Like I said, I've been away three years (not incarcerated LOL, just busy). It should be Prodgers....he's a member here and still active on the site. Three years ago, he made these to order (lovingly I might add). I do not know if they are still being made.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That guy is no longer an active seller here as he took members money and never provided product or refunds.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
He's an active member though, so you may be able to contact him direct.

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Looks Great Singletrack !! finally after all this time you get them installed and it really makes the Car look complete -going with the silver mesh was good choice :) thanks for posting

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Curious to see those on a white car. I'm intrigued

Sent from my StarTrek communicator using Tapatalk
Here are a few pics of some white ones with various custom paint jobs

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Emailed him and ordered wing/vents. Nothing but A+ work, got them this weekend. Will be installing this week.

This is fantastic because this means Peter has a sale to someone not previously on this site and he can now use the profit from his sale to you to pay back some of the 4 people from this site that he previously took money from and didn't deliver product to. Peter has told us all along how he would use new sales to generate $ to pay back those he owes money to and now that he has your money in his hands I'm sure he will be sending it to one or more of those 4 people. I'm sure those people will be happy to start receiving their money back from Peter, in fact if you paid him last week, he's probably already sent the money to them by now...

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is fantastic because this means Peter has a sale to someone not previously on this site and he can now use the profit from his sale to you to pay back some of the 4 people from this site that he previously took money from and didn't deliver product to. Peter has told us all along how he would use new sales to generate $ to pay back those he owes money to and now that he has your money in his hands I'm sure he will be sending it to one or more of those 4 people. I'm sure those people will be happy to start receiving their money back from Peter, in fact if you paid him last week, he's probably already sent the money to them by now...
This was my 1st post on this site.. and you reference me to stir things up. I am little baffled here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Doubt that k-man is stirring anything up but rather sticking up for the members that got stood up for their money

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
2012-07-30 21.58.03.jpg 20_Installed.JPG IMG_5405.JPG DSC04797.jpg DSC04799.jpg 3rd_splitter_08.jpg We are working to resolve any situations that may have occurred 3 to 4 years ago and the 4 out of 243 parts that were not delivered due to circumstances beyond our control, but the fact remains we have many happy customers so lets not spoil their joy .
4 parts out of 243 is close to a 99% approval rating and we will focus on making this 100% - Thank you for your patience and understanding .

·
Registered
63 Posts
View attachment 61734 View attachment 61735 View attachment 61736 View attachment 61737 View attachment 61738 View attachment 61739 We are working to resolve any situations that may have occurred 3 to 4 years ago and the 4 out of 243 parts that were not delivered due to circumstances beyond our control, but the fact remains we have many happy customers so lets not spoil their joy .
4 parts out of 243 is close to a 99% approval rating and we will focus on making this 100% - Thank you for your patience and understanding .

Will this work for a Boxster 3.2s 987.1 2005.
And can this be sent to the UK ?

Can you pm please with details ...

thanks

Mo

·
Registered
101 Posts
View attachment 61734 View attachment 61735 View attachment 61736 View attachment 61737 View attachment 61738 View attachment 61739 We are working to resolve any situations that may have occurred 3 to 4 years ago and the 4 out of 243 parts that were not delivered due to circumstances beyond our control, but the fact remains we have many happy customers so lets not spoil their joy .
I don't know!!!

I am new to the Cayman and to this forum. I was excited about PRodgers product and was prepared to pay big money for his parts. Granted I knew nothing about his history. I just went off of the fact that he was a forum member selling items and I wanted to support him. I contacted him on the phone and was prepared to purchase THE WING, the side vents and his front spoiler or splitter. All I wanted him to do was send me some pictures, which he promised to do as soon as he got off of the phone. Did not hear from him that day, the next day and not until a week later where he sent me an apology and some pics. By that time I was pissed and went and purchased all of the items elsewhere, Tech Art front bumper, TA side skirts, and TA rear spoiler.

Had not planned to go the TA route, but this guy PRodgers frightened me the way he conducted himself when I tried to give him business. Also was not satisfied with him being nebulous on prices, kind of like he was coming up with him off of the top of his head.

After my experience with him I later came across all of these posts about some scrupulous business practices he had engaged in in the past. He now wrote that was several years ago. Like I said at the outset of this post, "I don't know---I did not gather things changed in how he dealt with me as a neophyte who had every reason to give him the benefit of the doubt

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.