Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Porsche owners!

So back in September I bought a slightly used 2014 Cayman S and as I was leaving the dealership I realized I had only been given one key. My salesman said he would order it, and so I went on my merry way.

It took all while, but I did just receive the key, and, according to the invoice, they're expensive even when being sold to a dealership.

I know that these keys have to be programmed to work (in fact, I went to the car with the new key and it will not do anything -- unlock doors, etc.), and I have been tooling around the Internet to look for programming options.

It seems as though these cars have their own code that needs to be obtained in order to program the key. So is this something that I need to contact the dealer with to get? As a related question, is this something that a dealership will tell a customer or only to another dealership?

I know I can just contact my salesman, but I figured it put this out here first.

Thanks in advance for helping!

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
Yes, the stealer shouldn't have let you leave like that

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm in the same situation. I live a few hours away from the dealer from which the car was purchased and they mailed me the new, unprogrammed key. I have it in hand as of tonight but wondering if a local dealer is going to try to charge me to program it. What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
$500 for the key and programming if I recall. I got two keys replaced by warranty and asked what the price would be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts