Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to build a street worthy ASP car from my 2010 S with PASM. Something that doesnt shake my eyeballs out of my sockets on bumpy mountain roads where I live. Here is what I have done so far.

Tarret hollow GT3 bars front and rear 4 and 5 position adjustable.
Tarret endlinks
H&R sport springs
Lightweight Assco flywheel and Sachs Sport Clutch
18x10 rear and 18x8.5 front lightweight Enkei wheels

Currently running Hankook Z221 265/35 front and 295/30 rear.

Car rides very nicely. I have noticed that if I go too firm in rear lack of LSD gets exgerated and on long sweepers its harder to get power down. But without more rear bar car understeers a little. Perhaps too much stagger on tires? What would you reccomend in terms of swaybar settings? Car does push a little more but at much higher limit. Current setting is at middel of 5 way adjustable front bar and one back from full firm in rear. Im thinking of going to softer front and rear settings .

Im moving to BFG R1 S 275/35 front and 285/30 rear for my first National Tour Event at Crows Landing. Hoping that gives me a little more turn in than 265/295 combo im running now. Looks like another Cayman S and Evo so far in ASP.

Are there any cheap quick things I can do to improve my car in ASP class other than change the nut behind the wheel? Its been a while since I have read SP rules.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't AX but I do run the Tarett bars. With 500# F and 600# R springs, my front bar is 1 off full soft and my rear bar is 1 off full stiff. I am lowered about 1-1/2" and run a Guard LSD. I run BFG R1, 245 F and 275 R. Alignment is -3.4 F and -2.6 R camber, 0 F toe, 1/16" total R toe measured on the rim. This is a very fast set-up on a DE track.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't AX but I do run the Tarett bars. With 500# F and 600# R springs, my front bar is 1 off full soft and my rear bar is 1 off full stiff. I am lowered about 1-1/2" and run a Guard LSD. I run BFG R1, 245 F and 275 R. Alignment is -3.4 F and -2.6 R camber, 0 F toe, 1/16" total R toe measured on the rim. This is a very fast set-up on a DE track.
Thanks! I started off with moderate camber -2.5 and -2 rear. I run 1/8 toe out up front and 0 rear. I'm considering OS Giken LSD for Autocros.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spent some more time in the car at local autox and now most apparent issue for me is the lack of LSD and the overly intrusive PSM/ABD. I can feel car slowing down as systems engage and I really don't like inability to kick rear end out with throttle.

i think I have read that if I disconnect yaw sensor electronic dif controls are disabled. Any good install pics for a on/off switch? Seems to me that should be fairly easy project and give 100% control of the car back to me. I just hate not being able to get rear end to rotate in some situations. While electric systems are good I like being able to point car on my own with throttle responses.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Do a search on the yaw sensor. I can't reference the article but if I remember correctly you put a switch in the yaw sensor ground wire.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Spent some more time in the car at local autox and now most apparent issue for me is the lack of LSD and the overly intrusive PSM/ABD. I can feel car slowing down as systems engage and I really don't like inability to kick rear end out with throttle.

i think I have read that if I disconnect yaw sensor electronic dif controls are disabled. Any good install pics for a on/off switch? Seems to me that should be fairly easy project and give 100% control of the car back to me. I just hate not being able to get rear end to rotate in some situations. While electric systems are good I like being able to point car on my own with throttle responses.
Grant,

Curious: is your car equipped with 'sport chrono'? In 'Sport+' mode PSM is far less intrusive. I've been fiddling with a combo of 'Sport+' and PSM on/off at a recent autox. Best times I post were with 'Sport+' on and PSM off. Running without Sport+ was noticeably slower and I could plainly feel the stability system going nuts. That said, my car is equipped with an LSD so and PDK.

DJM

·
Registered
162 Posts
The yaw sensor on the 987.1 cars was behind the driver side radio console side panel. You could see the sensor and access the brown/blk ground wire to interrupt it. Not sure where the 987.2 location/colors are. But... with PSM disabled like that (essentially throwing a fault) you cannot engage PASM Sport, or Sport modes - that was how my 987.1 reacted. So you are stuck with soft throttle response, and with a pdk, commuter shift strategy.

I have used Guard diffs in both of my cars, and have been very happy with the quality and performance. The clutch diff Matt/BGB setup for our PDK car works flawlessly, and the car is balanced at all speeds. It has survived a full season of pro solo and testing launch control launches with 2 drivers as well. Install has been very simple, as I mentioned in my other posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts