Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've driven both in 20in oem sizes on a GT4 and think they are pretty close. Drove a slightly faster lap with the RE71s in hotter temps but with more experience with the car. And different alignment, so hard to quantify for me. The RE-71s are cheaper so I have a preference for them. I got 25 dry sessions and 4 wet from the 71s. I tossed the Cup2s after only 20 sessions but that was without enough neg camber.

Reactions: CGH3

·
Registered
710 Posts
Very similar. Have used them both. Cup 2s a little lighter, quieter, and maybe a bit more nimble due to their lightness. Re-71R probably a little grippier at their peak, heavier, and can feel like velcro when going over tar strips on a hot summer day....very sticky tires. I have gotten about ten days out of each tire and tend to heat cycle them out before destroying the tread. Need higher camber greater then 2 degrees to get the grip and make them last, otherwise you will prematurely wear out the outside edges of the treads.

Both great tires, but the Bridgestone's are much cheaper and probably a tic faster. You will be 1-2 seconds faster per lap with these tires as compared to normal street tires. The car will handle much better as expected, but you will also increase your grip under braking. I have seen 1.38 on the G meter which is way higher than street tires. You can go deeper into the corners and out brake anyone not on such tires. Happy hunting when you get your new shoes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.