Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of running my CS on stocks, I finally got the PSE installed (no other options really available here) ... and boy is it an upgrade! It's like night and day and what's even better .. you can find out for yourself at the press of a button what life was like without it!

I cant compare it with other exhausts, but it sounds great at standstill, under 4k, in underground parking lots and on full steam ... but what's truly great is how it makes you want to drive the car faster and faster, just to hear the notes from the back!

And my second reaction after all the euphoria was ... How the hell did I live 2 years without upgrading the exhausts! I seriously recommend to any stock exhaust users to give PSE (or some after market exhaust) a hearing. This is how a true mid engine Porsche ought to sound!

Cheers!

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
On the weekend I did a run through a tunnel. Set the Capristo to full open mode, slowed right down, and dropped it back to second gear and buried the pedal.
MAN WHAT A SOUND!!!! :eek::eek::eek::dance: Even the Missus liked it! :thanks:

·
Registered
502 Posts
After 2 years of running my CS on stocks, I finally got the PSE installed (no other options really available here) ... and boy is it an upgrade! It's like night and day and what's even better .. you can find out for yourself at the press of a button what life was like without it!

I cant compare it with other exhausts, but it sounds great at standstill, under 4k, in underground parking lots and on full steam ... but what's truly great is how it makes you want to drive the car faster and faster, just to hear the notes from the back!

And my second reaction after all the euphoria was ... How the hell did I live 2 years without upgrading the exhausts! I seriously recommend to any stock exhaust users to give PSE (or some after market exhaust) a hearing. This is how a true mid engine Porsche ought to sound!

Cheers!
What was the motivation to go PSE over an aftermarket option that would also add HP?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was the motivation to go PSE over an aftermarket option that would also add HP?
well .. we don't have the luxury of that choice (aftermarkets) sitting here in India! Considering they sell the car for $175k, there are less than a dozen CS in all of India .. so its not exactly the biggest market for capristo and borla!

Plus the warranty considerations

but post facto, while i liked the capristo and borla notes on youtube more than PSE ... i am very happy with the PSE sound in person.:dance: In fact I might not want the exhaust to be any louder. 10 odd hp gain is anyways too little to notice.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I can't imagine a better sounding exhaust for overall use than the stock exhaust on my 2.7

It screams at full throttle above 4,200 RPM, has no drone, has decent volume at launch but not too loud, and didn't cost anything extra. What a pleasant surprise!

Now that I've heard my car drive away and the "S", I think the 2.7 sounds much more aggressive than the stock "S". I would be curious to hear the Sport Exaust in person though.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The DFI cars are pretty quiet. I like the sound of the PSE and decided to keep car stock for now. I understand FVD may eventually have an exhaust similar to PSE. That might be tempting. Rhonda may have more news ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
On the weekend I did a run through a tunnel. Set the Capristo to full open mode, slowed right down, and dropped it back to second gear and buried the pedal.
MAN WHAT A SOUND!!!! :eek::eek::eek::dance: Even the Missus liked it! :thanks:
I heard on the radio today that people thought a Porsche had exploded in an Australian tunnel, but authorities could not find any debris.

Now we know why.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It's all fairly subjective. If you are after power, aftermarket is the only way to go. For sound I find my new CS just fine, and although I do like the PSE I certainly don't consider it essential. The car is great as is but all the little buttons, when pushed in, often enhance the experience. I'm keeping em all!:banana:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would be curious to hear the Sport Exaust in person though.
Now that was my point ... do take the trouble of hearing one in action - in person! You might want to buy it or not, but you wont say you wasted your time!

·
Registered
502 Posts
well .. we don't have the luxury of that choice (aftermarkets) sitting here in India! Considering they sell the car for $175k, there are less than a dozen CS in all of India .. so its not exactly the biggest market for capristo and borla!

Plus the warranty considerations

but post facto, while i liked the capristo and borla notes on youtube more than PSE ... i am very happy with the PSE sound in person.:dance: In fact I might not want the exhaust to be any louder. 10 odd hp gain is anyways too little to notice.
I was not knocking your decision...merely asking the reason for going with the PSE. Sorry that you don't have many options for aftermarket. Maybe you can make a contact here that can send you more parts from the USA (not sure how your customs work though).

As far as the HP gains, several have produced 20+ BHP with only a catback. That was dynoed from users on this board and with no other mods. That equates to be about a 7% increase...which I think you could feel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.