Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the same thing pop up, PSM Failure, Auto Stop Disabled, Windshield Removed, Paint Color Change, all at once. Found a solution after a long search.

The newer versions use a "Hall effect" sensor, which is just a way of detecting the location of the pedal. As it moves away, it will trip and set off the brake lights lights. It ca also sense distance so if it registers that their is too much or not enough distance from the sensor, it turns off the fun switch and you start having nightmares about buying a new computer for the car.

You can use a feeler gauge that is 1.5mm or .062", some you have to add several to get that thickness, or, if you have an old piece of electronics to throw out, most of the PCB boards are that thick. Cut a long thin piece of it and use that.

Mine had an error after I installed some stuff, and of course I was chasing that forever, it turns out that my hand pressed the plunger in.

The plunger and the holder are not colored as the picture shows...

So, stick the gauge just behind the nub, and measure the thickness. If you can put it in easily, then press the blue plunger in a click or so. If you can't, then use a 1/4" screw driver and rotate it between the blue part and the body to back it to a click or so. Mine was 4 clicks in...

I'll report back when I get it reset... Probably won't work

See these:
Line Font Parallel
Cartoon Architecture Animation Fictional character

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little update, I recently has the front end aligned, which required the steering to be rotated a little, this is most likely what is causing the errors to pop up. I did find that after fixing the calibration of the brake switch, the order of the errors changed, so now it's the steering one first. I'm taking it into have the code cleared and then put into the calibration mode and calibrated, which basically stores the CENTER position of the steering wheel as zero.

I have eliminated the Brake switch, and also had the plugs and coils replaced, so this is it...

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another update, I took it to a shop that could reset the processor (more than the OBDII) and after a few days of driving, it must have re-learned the steering position, all the warnings went away, and it has been clean all day.

Yay, I win.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.