Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 CS with 15k miles. I actually had the coilovers waiting before I got the car, lol. My installer is 2 hours away (Redline Motorsports) so unfortunately I havent picked up the car yet with the holiday approaching. I talked to him about a 1.25 inch drop but he thought a little more would be better.
He works quite a bit on GT3's and cup cars, setting up suspensions for the track so hopefully it wont be too aggressive for me. Its just a fun car for me and I rarely drive it to work, so aggressive is OK. Just dont want it to be slammed lol.
Got a call from him saying it was ready. He says its like a different car from a handling perspective. I cant wait.
I will update with pics and impressions in case anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Does your car have PASM? I am considering the PSS9s on my ordered car with PASM.

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
I have an 06 CS with 15k miles. I actually had the coilovers waiting before I got the car, lol. My installer is 2 hours away (Redline Motorsports) so unfortunately I havent picked up the car yet with the holiday approaching. I talked to him about a 1.25 inch drop but he thought a little more would be better.
He works quite a bit on GT3's and cup cars, setting up suspensions for the track so hopefully it wont be too aggressive for me. Its just a fun car for me and I rarely drive it to work, so aggressive is OK. Just dont want it to be slammed lol.
Got a call from him saying it was ready. He says its like a different car from a handling perspective. I cant wait.
I will update with pics and impressions in case anyone is interested.
I'm very interested in the change, especially if you have PASM. I really want to know what the street ride is like. I'm sure the lowering and increased camber associated with it would make a huge difference at the track even without the new damping.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Does your car have PASM? I am considering the PSS9s on my ordered car with PASM.
There's another Bilstein option for PASM cars which retains the PASM
functionality. (the OEM system is actually Bilstein) I doubt you'd want PSS9
(not in-car adjustable) on a PASM-equipped car.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Thanks Wayne and QInsider. I knew that the PSS9 had a set that worked with PASM. I just wanted to know if that is what rwm514 was using or if just the basic set.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car does not have PASM. Just picked it up from Redline today :)
Impressions and pics to follow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before pic. A little hard to see but as most of you know, there is a big gap between the fender and top of the tire.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres one just after the install right before it got dark and started snowing :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Heres a few more. It looks so much better now that its lowered. Somehow it just seems right. I always wondered why it was set so high from the factory.
It is much lower now and probably about 4 inches off the ground at some of the lower areas of the body. I've got a a half inch between the rear fender and top of the tire and about 1/4 inch between the front fender and tire. I dont think I would want it any lower. I am definitely more aware of the potential for scraping now but I am used to driving low cars and I dont mind being careful.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a side note ive got to get some spacers on there asap! Being lowered makes the rears look so tucked under.

Heres a few more I took today.

Impressions will have to wait, snowed about 2 inches last night. I did get a chance to drive it on the freeway and it handled very well. It feels very firm and doesnt sway much at all in turns. It really made me aware of how rigid the chassis of the car is now with the coilovers on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I will post up my alignment specs soon. I think I will be heading down to a PCA DE this coming weekend :) So I will get a good chance to really test it out. So far I am loving my first mod. Makes to car seem much more exotic and special. Just wish it didnt cost so much!

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
What you're looking for is called the PSS9 Damptronic system.

brad
Wull, yeah. Since the original post didn't specify which PSS9 system he installed, I was interested in finding out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
QQ: how much was the install?

and how many hours did the quote you? I've been told its 8hrs by the book
5 hours for the install plus $400 for the alignment and balance, so it was $900 total. He said its a pretty big PIA due to removing alot of interior body panels in the rear.
I had it done by Robert at Redline Motorsports. He was really amazed at how well it handled with the coilovers and thought it perhaps handled better than a 997 GT3.

·
Registered
583 Posts
looks great, they would look great with my Carrera sports!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts