Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought home my new black/black CS this past Saturday and all I can say is wow!! What an impressive car! I had a boxster 2.5 several years ago and while I loved the car, I just felt it was missing "something", so I sold it and went back to another air cooled 911. Well, I'm happy to say I found that "something" again right here in the new CS - this car is just phenomenal!

I've only put about 100 miles on it so far and it's killing me to keep it under 4500rpm. I know there are several threads about break-in periods, but I intend to follow the manual on this one. Call me old school but I believe in a break in period.

I still can't believe I did it, I think I'm still in a daze. Wasn't really in the market for a new car, but one can only obsess over a Cayman for so long before the force takes hold I guess.

Options are 19" turbo wheels, 5mm spacers, pcm, dynamic cornering headlights, ventilated seats, guards red seat belts, bose, bluetooth and audio interface.

Here's a pic

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Good job on following the break in period recommendation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like the car, hate the wheels. But, that's just my opinion. If you like them then that's all that matters. Have fun with your new ride!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments! I'm a big fan of the turbo wheels, but there are several others I like also. The Cayman is one of those cars where many different styles look great and the wheels can really change the character of the whole car...

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Congrats, nice loooking car. As many have said the break in miles are important the best way to get them over with, is to plan a driving vacation. That's what I did and it work great. By the way I think the manual says "Not To Exceed 4000 RPM" not 4500. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts