Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a call today from my Porsche Sale Associate and was told that the allocations for the new Cayman T are in and they will only receive 4 later this year probably in the Oct/Nov timeframe. He said it was time for me to come by and place the final order to make sure I get one of the 4. I placed a preliminary order last November but that would not hold an allocation for me unless I made it official. That's exactly what I did today. I decided to go with Miami Blue with GT Silver interior accents including stitching in the seats, seat belts, 718 logo in the head rest and door pulls. This will be my 7th Porsche purchased from my local dealership since 2011 and, as a result, I was able to get a 6.5% ($5,000) discount off MSRP. Since this is a limited production model, I was a little surprised to get a discount but happy to take it. Now it's just a matter of sitting and waiting much like we are all doing over the Corona Virus. As I was leaving the dealership I stopped by to see the General Manager to thank him. He told me the only question left to be answered is whether the new Cayman T will designated as a 2020 or a 2021. He feels it will be the latter since they are arriving so late in the year 2020. I hope that's true.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Great choice; if I was buying a new Porsche that and used 911 T would be what I was looking at.
Can the dealer tell you when it's going into production or how many are already waiting ?
With factories closed, no way a 2020 and it doesn't matter it's a T and it's new.
Corvette factory is opening 5/19. I haven't seen anything on Porsche.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Porsche is back to work again as of the 4th, but not up to full capacity at this point

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great choice; if I was buying a new Porsche that and used 911 T would be what I was looking at.
Can the dealer tell you when it's going into production or how many are already waiting ?
With factories closed, no way a 2020 and it doesn't matter it's a T and it's new.
Corvette factory is opening 5/19. I haven't seen anything on Porsche.
Production of the Cayman T will begin on June 26th and out of the 4 allocated to my dealer mine was the first order placed. There are only two dealers in the State of Georgia so I would assume that each dealer will be allocated 4 each for a total of 8. Not sure how many T will be sent to the USA. I don't expect to see mine until the Oct/Nov timeframe.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stopped by my local dealer today and found out that my Cayman T will be designated as a 2021 model and that after this years production the Miami Blue color will be discontinued and replaced with a different blue color.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
T is a 4

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this the 4 cylinder model, or has the 6 cylinder become available?

williamr
The 2021 Cayman T is still the 4 cylinder model and not the flat 6. I'm not sure about the GTS but I do know the GT4 and Boxster Spyder are the flat 6.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the new color replacing Miami Blue. Its called Shark Blue.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
A bit less neony. Have to see it in person. Loved sapphire blue bought a car I didn't need just because of it. Pictures and dealer samples aren't a good way of choosing colors. A little lighter than the 1st Club Coupe which I loved also but never bought.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the Shark Blue but still prefer the Miami Blue I ordered. I think the Miami Blue with the Titanium wheels and Agate Gray outside mirrors, accent stripe and rear deck lettering is an awesome combination. Can't wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I like the Shark Blue but still prefer the Miami Blue I ordered. I think the Miami Blue with the Titanium wheels and Agate Gray outside mirrors, accent stripe and rear deck lettering is an awesome combination. Can't wait to see it in person.
I agree. I Iike the vibrance of the Miami Blue, but then again I like in your face colors on sports cars. There was a paint to sample baby blue GT4 on my dealer's lot last year that looked very similar to the new Shark Blue and it was cool but a little too "powder blue" for my taste.

It seems as if Porsche is just rehashing new variants of classic colors from the past with some minor tweaks and new names. They have never been afraid to use bright orange, yellow, green and baby blues even 40 years ago

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome! What happened to the red spec that you showed me last year.
It got vetoed by my wife since we already own a 2018 Cayman in Guards Red

1 - 17 of 17 Posts