Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just did the screen mod--easy and even enjoyable.

What's the susceptibility of the oil cooler (on driver's side) from being punctured in this manner?

·
Registered
104 Posts
A/C condenser damaged by rock..$900

A rock has hit my A/C condenser. Dealer wants $900 to repair. I have made a claim at my insurance...fingers crossed;)

I hope this does not cause my rates to go way up.After a quick search.... It seems this has happened to many....it's a shame Porsche doesn't find a cure for this.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Re: A/C condenser damaged by rock..$900

Motordrive makes grills to greatly reduce the chance of this happening.

Since this is not warranty work, why don't you find out a trusted independent mechanic ang give him a chance to quote? Your local PCA club is usually a good place to ask.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: A/C condenser damaged by rock..$900

I had thought it was a warranty issue.....I did not know a rock had done the damage. So after going to dealer and having to pay a 2hr diagnostic fee....my independant shop was only $100 less. The indy shop didn't have the condenser in their inventory....the dealer did...made the choice to leave the car overnight. I will find out today if my the flying rock is covered by my insurance policy...
I will put a screen over the condenser....Porsche should have done this:crazy:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Add me to the list.....my Porsche dealer did do the work for $900 instead of $1200...

I still believe Porsche should have done a better job! It's a wimpy design at best.

Shame on you Porsche...:gossip:

Well...I feel better now to have vented...but my wallet is lighter.

Just found this thread...sorry to have posted another...mods..feel free to delete most recent thread.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I went with j_copeland.
I could have saved a few dollars and took the Home Depot route...but decided to save myself some time and effort and go pre-cut.

This should be a sticky. Very first mod for everyone.
Porsches can slide around the race track or down the highway...just make sure and use the fast steering response to dodge any little rocks that might fly up into your grill. Or keep an extra 1k in the glovebox for repair.:crazy:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
It's my understanding that this would be an insurance claim, less deductible of course, just as a broken windshield is if broken by a stone. Check with your insurance company.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It just happened to me, on my 2018 Cayman S (982). Dealer said it could not be repaired. Estimated $1400 to repair. Plus $395 to recharge with very expensive coolant. Filed an insurance claim.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts