Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Why not throw the upcoming 718 GTS 4.0 into the mix?
Agreed, have to include that in the decision at least. You get all the modern electronics (Apple CarPlay, more safety features, for example) and a newer car for about the same price. You can also custom order it to fit your needs/desires. What is it that you desire? (Ok, I've been re-watching Lucifer) I loved the 718S overall when I was shopping, just didn't like the engine noise and power delivery so let's assume the return of a boxer six fixes that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a Peridot Green CR, 6-speed manual, sport seats (not buckets). I just love the car. Some Rennlisters have opined that the CR is a better road car than the GT4. Yes, the sport buckets demand $$ market value, but for me, I am completely satisfied with the sport seats for road usage. But, if you gotta have the sport buckets, well, I guess you just gotta get them. The CR is a keeper for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed you're in Virginia. I have a Cayman R that you can drive for comparison if you happen to be in the northern part of the state.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Eyeofthetiger - we thought of a Spyder, however as a former pro driver, I’m more interested in a coupe. We already have a convertible in the garage and a C7 Vett that I think we have taken the targa top off twice in 2 years. My wife and I like track focused Porsche’s and have had a number race cars over the years.

That being said, we have really appreciate all the input shared in this thread. My wife and I have read and discussed each one as they have posted. I think we have made our decision and selected a car. I will post more about it in a couple of days. Once again, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Not sure if this was posted but saw this ~12K mile R for auction.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you everyone for your responses and input. The deed is done. After considering some R's and many GT4's, yesterday, I flew to Cincinnati and drive home a 2016 14K mile CPO GT4. The car had all the options we were looking for including LWB seats which were surprisingly comfortable during the 9 hour drive. To say the car is incredible is an understatement. I have mixed emotions about the rev matching as it is so good and convenient that I fear I will get lazy and use it so much that my heal to toe proficiency will suffer. Such first world problems to have. Below is a picture of the car I took prior to leaving the dealership. Today will be spent cleaning it and making room for it in the garage. I will post more pictures once I'm done. Again, thanks everyone. This forum will continue to be invaluable as I strive to learn as much as I can about out new car.

Todd
2007 Cayman S
2016 Cayman GT4

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good choice! That is the best value, and will still be a great investment as it is the first gt cayman.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nice, congratulations! It was a win win situation honestly. You could not have gone wrong either way. What Cincy dealer if I may ask? And love the color! I personally think it’s the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Incurable Gearhead
937 Posts
Can’t hate that sexy beast! Congrats! 🍺

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
PG-IN - I purchased it from Porsche of Kings Auto Mall. They were great. They picked me up at the airport, had the car up on the lift (as I requested) when I got there, and made he whole transaction very easy. I wasn’t necessarily going to move on a car this quickly but it was the right car at the right price. I’m very pleased, and more importantly, my wife drove it today and loves it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
PG-IN - I purchased it from Porsche of Kings Auto Mall. They were great. They picked me up at the airport, had the car up on the lift (as I requested) when I got there, and made he whole transaction very easy. I wasn’t necessarily going to move on a car this quickly but it was the right car at the right price. I’m very pleased, and more importantly, my wife drove it today and loves it.

Congratulations! Did they move back to the original building? I was there end of December and two outside walls were down, big renovation going on.

Enjoy it in good health.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts

Cool...Nice bunch of guys. I had all my service done there till the didn’t back me on a problem with my headlights that SHOULD have been caught before the warranty ran out. Nevertheless nice folks.

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
CinciOH - No, they're still in their temporary digs. They said they don't think they'll be in the new building for awhile. The old one has been torn down, but they have not started construction on the new one yet.

·
Registered
953 Posts
CinciOH - No, they're still in their temporary digs. They said they don't think they'll be in the new building for awhile. The old one has been torn down, but they have not started construction on the new one yet.
Holy cow! I had no idea.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts