Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I got cayman s and the car had been sitting in the show room for a few weeks.

Its battery wasn't fully charged so the PCM wouldn't turn on.

I got a new battery everything was fine took it for a short drive got it washed and parked it up.

I could hear a clicking sound coming coming from near the PCM unit after I turned the car off.

I woke up the next Morning and the new battery was dead.

I can open the trunk etc and the lights come on but it won't turn over ????

Any ideas ??

Here's the car in Question if you guys wanna see her

Beauty when I can drive her

IMG_20141025_142538.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
It sounds like you have a short that is drawing current, or maybe an accessory is remaining on (radio, nav, fan, lights, ??).
Can you take the car back to the place you purchased from and ask them what's going on? Either this is a brand new problem, or they knew about the problem ahead of time.
Have the car's electronics been modified in any way? Maybe someone added a radar jammer, aftermarket stereo, etc?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Think it might be the new battery I swapped it out and car is back PCM everything driving it over to dealer to get a refund for new battery

Spoke toooo soon turned it off at dealers and back on and PCM won't turn on again.

Booked it in for Friday will update this thread with the fault.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PCM issue they pulled it plugged in lower spec one worked fine .

So waiting for new one.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Great to hear you're getting this resolved by the dealer. And congrats on the car looks good and I am biased...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts