Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Can a 981 owner in the US with an XM subscription to NavTraffic, try something for me? Zoom out and move your cursor over to Massachusetts and zoom in to the eastern half of the state, north of Boston. Tell me if Route 3 running north/south between Route 95 and Route 495, shows any traffic data (i.e., red, yellow, green).

If so, please let me know what version your PCM is.

My system does not display the RYG traffic colors on Rt3 between Burlington MA and Nashua NH.

My Sirius radio in my 2010 Benz showed Rt 3 traffic plus some other major streets, but the XM Nav Traffic (I thought they were both from the same source now) in my 2013 981 will not show Rt 3 (or any lesser highways/roads). It just shows Rt 93, 95, 495 and 90. Kind of a bummer because Rt 3 is my backup route should 95 or 93 be heavy with traffic.

I tried XM customer service and they had me go their traffic web site that has a 2" x 3" map of the entire US coverage with no ability to zoom in. "Thanks, lots of help there", he says sarcastically.

Your assistance is appreciated in advance.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping this with my PCM version 3.41. If you CAN see Rt 3 traffic, will you let me know your PCM version?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
O man it's hot outside. I hope below pics are worth the effort and will help you.
I see no traffic info for Rt 3.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Lookup RDBS on the internet (US version of RDS)

I haven't heard any traffic announcements yet in NYC metro area. Perhaps I need to retune FM station?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O man it's hot outside. I hope below pics are worth the effort and will help you.
I see no traffic info for Rt 3.

Thanks dude.
Appreciate the effort...
But what is strange, is that the above picture does not show ANY traffic!?!
I would have expected to see the traffic for, say, Rt 90 or Rt 495.
Mine shows that fine, it just doesn't show Rt 3.
Could it be that you didn't give the PCM time to load the traffic for a new area??
Anyway, again, thanks for your effort.
I'm trying to get the dealer to update me to V4.41.

·
Registered
669 Posts
That's my neck of the woods, but I'm still having issues figuring out how to get the traffic to show. It did show as you describe once, but I haven't been able to repeat that.

·
Registered
911 Posts
How are you finding these things in there? Search for TP and I just get TPM stuff.
I do it the old fashioned way.
Go to the main page:

Porsche iManual | 2013-boxster

Scroll down & click on "List All How To Topics"
Click on T
Visually scan to find Traffic Program.

Note, the alphabetization is sort of weird as you go across each row and then down to the next one.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Nav makes no difference to the amount of XM traffic info shown. From NYC there is no traffic info for Philly nor for Boston. Furthest info ends at New Heaven, CT. Seams like PCM is filtering info outside of 30-50 miles radius from current GPS location.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My friend Dovla is correct.
I zoomed out and outside the Greater Boston area the traffic lines on the PCM Map display stop displaying.

Sooooo,
Back to my original request, but targeted at you Nor'Easters...
See if Rt 3 displays traffic on your map, and if so, let me know your PCM version. I can then use that as leverage to get my dealer to update me to version 4.41.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all. Trying not to start a new thread so I'll try adding to this one. I just bought a 2014 Cayman S with PCM 3.1 and Nav. I had NavTraffic on my previous car and wanted to move my subscription over. There's an easy function to do this on their web site but I got an error message. In chatting online with them, they advised that my Radio ID shows that it does not support NavTraffic! I have Nav and I have SiriusXM and clearly, others have indeed successfully subscribed to this. Any ideas?

If the CarPlay upgrade for PCM keeps working after iOS 13, I will go that route, but in the meantime, I'm paid up with NavTraffic until Feb 2020.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts