Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Nice video! Thank you for sharing and welcome to the site. I really like the "foot-cam" and lap data. Nice to know what times a Cayman can do at Watkins with a good driver. :burnout:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Great lap, thanks for posting it. Assume that you are running the stock gearing, from the video it looks like you could have used a little higher numerical gear to benefit from the engine's sweet spot.
:cheers:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great lap, thanks for posting it. Assume that you are running the stock gearing, from the video it looks like you could have used a little higher numerical gear to benefit from the engine's sweet spot.
:cheers:
The car would benefit from a change of gearing or ring & pinion but in PCA stock class you have to run stock.

Madcow, I was held up a bit on the exit of 11 but that would have only accounted for a tenth or two, still a long way from sub 2:10.

Charlie

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Excellent. Thank you for posting. Now, we need pictures of the race car!

Cheers,
Krok, I dont have many since the car is new. I just found this picture from the photographer at the Glen event. I will have to go through their galleries and select a few.

Charlie

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice driving! So are you going to share Carlos' secret advice? I want to get under 2:10 too!
Without giving away all his secrets :), it is pretty simple, at key parts of the track I need to carry a bit more speed through the corners (bus stop, outer loop and 10). Just a couple more mph in these corners will do the trick.

Charlie

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,661 Posts
Yes it looks like you could carry more speed in 10. I know I could! It's great to have someone do it before you so you know it can be done. I'm suprised you don't go just a little bit wider in the entry to the carosel to get a better shot at the apex. I'll have to try it tighter.

But very nice driving over all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.