Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brother in law and I were out in his 05 Boxster (11K miles) yesterday. Stopped for gas and while he was pumping gas he left the key in the ignition. When he got back in the car and and tried to start it at first the key would not turn and he was not able to remove the key from the ignition. After playing with the key for a while he was able to make the key turn but the car would not start. After a while longer of this all the lights on the dash came on and no matter where the key was they would not shut off. After 45 minutes of playing with the key (key still would not come out of the ignition and dash lights on) he decided to call AAA and have the car towed.

Has this happened to any one? Any opinions as to what it could be?
Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The battery is a new Bosch battery installed less than 45 days ago. He doesn't drive the car much but he uses a Porsche battery tender.
I was wondering if it could be a bad battery inside the key. I was not aware that there is a place to jump the circuit in the fuse box. I need to look that up. It seems that it would be a good thing to know. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts