Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my CGTS for a while, it is my daily driving car, and I have noticed the auto Start/Stop function never works. Even after I drive almost an hour from San Francisco to San Jose, when I exit highways and enter the city streets, at stop lights I always see the indicating light with letter A with a line across, indicating my auto Start/Stop is not active. I am sure the car's battery is fully charged. During the time it is not working, the Sport button & other buttons at center console are not in use. The air conditioning is off. Does any of you know what is wrong, or what I am doing wrong? In a few more weeks my car is due for its first wellness check (2 months/ or 2000 miles), I will bring up this matter. In the mean time, I just want to know what's going on? Other than that, the car is performing as it should be, I absolutely love it. Thanks for your help!- TR

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have my CGTS for a while, it is my daily driving car, and I have noticed the auto Start/Stop function never works. Even after I drive almost an hour from San Francisco to San Jose, when I exit highways and enter the city streets, at stop lights I always see the indicating light with letter A with a line across, indicating my auto Start/Stop is not active. I am sure the car's battery is fully charged. During the time it is not working, the Sport button & other buttons at center console are not in use. The air conditioning is off. Does any of you know what is wrong, or what I am doing wrong? In a few more weeks my car is due for its first wellness check (2 months/ or 2000 miles), I will bring up this matter. In the mean time, I just want to know what's going on? Other than that, the car is performing as it should be, I absolutely love it. Thanks for your help!- TR
That doesn't sound normal. Mine activates most of the time unless it's very cold or the car isn't warmed up. However, I believe that if you disable it, it will remain disabled upon subsequent start ups. I assume the little LED on the console button is not illuminated?

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I always keep my auto start disabled and it stays that way when I shut the car off and subsequent restart. If the "A" button on the center console is lit, then it is disabled (not enabled). It's counterintuititve since the other buttons light up when the function is enabled. Did you try that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My '14 CS exhibited similar stop/start behavior until I started to use a CTEK battery maintainer. Had used a standard battery charger that made no diff with the inoperation of the S/S. I was convinced that the battery was bad,but once I started using the battery maintainer the S/S has worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I always keep my auto start disabled and it stays that way when I shut the car off and subsequent restart. If the "A" button on the center console is lit, then it is disabled (not enabled). It's counterintuititve since the other buttons light up when the function is enabled. Did you try that?
Yeah. This. Make sure you haven't misunderstood the setting. :) Incidentally... I would have liked this feature if it were more predictable. My opinion may have been tarnished by the fact that I got my car in winter so most of my driving has involved taking a while for the car to warm up, but I ended up disabling it after finding it annoying. If it always worked as I expected it to, I'd have liked it, but it didn't.

Maybe I should try it again now that it's a bit warmer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, the A button on the center console IS NOT lit, which means the Auto Start/Stop function is enable and should be working if the conditions are met ( not too cold, not too warm weather, car battery is fully charged ...etc), all lights at the center console are not lit as well. I believe all the right conditions are there, and I just want to see how Auto Start/ Stop functions, yet so far it has not been working once. I always see the letter A with a line across it on my control screen. The engine never seems to stall whenever I stop at stop lights. Something is not right.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you have manual transmission? The auto stop works differently than with PDK. I think you might need to put the shift lever in neutral.

Mike

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just looked it up. With MT it needs to have shift lever in neutral, clutch pedal not depressed.

Mike
OP has PDK

Maybe the battery is weak. Auto Stop is disabled, regardless of the center console button, if the battery is not charged to a sufficient level.

Also, I dont think it has anything to do with the center console button, because if you disable it via that button then you don't get any yellow/green "A" light in the TFT display.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
What is your highway gas mileage? If low, that could be an indicator as AutoSS will not engage if the computer feels anything is wrong with the engine. Dealer should be able to determine why.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I also think that if the car isn't level, stopped on an uphill or downhill slant, it won't activate. There are times when I like this feature. Not often, but in certain circumstances, it's nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That should be it, it must be a up hill/ down hill and the car is not always level. Yes, I live in SF-Pacific Height. Thank you!

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Maybe it doesn't activate unless there's enough CO2 in the air.

Reactions: rkpeck

·
Registered
848 Posts
I always see the indicating light with letter A with a line across, indicating my auto Start/Stop is not active.
I'm assuming you mean the yellow version on the multifunction display. That's saying it is active, but this isn't the right time for it. The yellow version means everything is set right so it should happen, but it has a reason for not wanting to do it at that time. If it felt good about it, it'd be a green A instead (with no line through it) and the engine would stop.

So that doesn't sound right.

Your foot is on the foot brake? It doesn't work if the foot brake isn't pressed. Though I think you wouldn't get the yellow A otherwise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts