Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two bottles of Motul 600 Dot 4 brake fluid that I used in my Nissan. Will these work for a brake flush in the Boxster? The bottles were never opened but not new and I won't need a brake flush for almost 2 years so I'm probably kidding myself trying to save them. I still have the Nissan so its not like these will go to waste. Just want to know how picky Porsche is about products. I'm okay with buying their stuff and installing myself.

Thanks, in advance.

Can I say these cars are amazing? Its a daily driver for me but I never get tired of it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Factory brake fluid is not expensive if you plan on sticking with that. I do not know how much the Motul cost but seems insignificant to save something for 2 years to save $30.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
You're not required to use Porsche brand fluids, as long as it meets the factory specification. Any DOT 4 will do. In my 987.2 DD I use Motul DOT 5.1.
So, what you have will be fine for your Porsche. I don't know what the shelf life is on an un-opened can, but I'd get fresh in two years. In the mean time, use the other in your Nissan.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Many of us use Motul 600... it's good stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.